Confirmed with Link: Janny signs QO (1 yr, 2.3M)

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
He's been a whipping boy but everyone loved him before this season. And the only difference between him then and now was his shooting percentage dropped to almost one-third of what it was his first two seasons. If it had been about the same he'd have had about 15 goals to go along with his career high 19 assists.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
His still RFA next summer. This is prove it deal for him. Considering what we pay for Cogliano and Comeau this is ok in my books.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
His still RFA next summer. This is prove it deal for him. Considering what we pay for Cogliano and Comeau this is ok in my books.

Just because you make two mistakes, doesn't mean you make a slightly lesser mistake. That's just silly. Janmark should've been trade-bait, plain and simple. But lo behold classic Nill, once again clinging on to his assets for dear life in the present and then unable to find anyone to take them in the future when the stench of failures is realized.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just because you make two mistakes, doesn't mean you make a slightly lesser mistake. That's just silly. Janmark should've been trade-bait, plain and simple. But lo behold classic Nill, once again clinging on to his assets for dear life in the present and then unable to find anyone to take them in the future when the stench of failures is realized.

You realize this is Janmark's QO, right?

If we don't offer him this, he leaves on July 1st. Then we lose a decent asset for nothing.

Him signing this means nothing about us keeping him around. Him signing his QO obviously means he realizes he isn't getting a better offer from us.

This has nothing to do with whether or not he's going to be traded. It's simply Nill making a QO to retain an asset, and that player realizing he isn't going to get a better offer. This isn't a difficult conclusion to arrive at.

Reactions: Kuola

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Thank you.

You can't logically say he should have been trade bait and that him signing his QO was Nill's fault or a mistake. This is hardly anything noteworthy, and any team that may have traded for him, and about 95% of fans could predict that the second he was qualified, there was no way he wasn't signing that contract. If he went to arbitration, he could have lost money, up to 15%. The only two options for Janmark were become an UFA (team choice) or make $2.3 million next season (player choice), with Dallas or another team.

If you want to argue that they should have not qualified him, I disagree, but not enough to debate it. There is no debate that exists about qualifying him vs. trading him. If he had value to a team, that team knew he was either signing his QO or they were praying Dallas wouldn't qualify him. This forces their hand. If they want him, they have to trade for him.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Media in Sweden right now, reports that Janmark, lifts 700 pounds =316 kilos of weights in deadlift. proof on Youtube.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Media in Sweden right now, reports that Janmark, lifts 700 pounds =316 kilos of weights in deadlift. proof on Youtube.

Wasn't that like two weeks ago on the team Twitter or something

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah Janny's S% was hot garb but he just didn't look effective offensively either. Falling down, plays dying on his stick, invisible for stretches etc. He was probably more disappointing to me last season than Benn.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I really hope this whole offseason he is just working on his shot because it was weaker than Nichushkin’s. Other than that he’s a solid enough player, just doesn’t really seem to fit in the top six due to lack of skill. If he can get back to potting 19 goals in the bottom six he’ll get a big payday from someone else next offseason.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I really hope this whole offseason he is just working on his shot because it was weaker than Nichushkin’s. Other than that he’s a solid enough player, just doesn’t really seem to fit in the top six due to lack of skill. If he can get back to potting 19 goals in the bottom six he’ll get a big payday from someone else next offseason.

Doubt his shot is any different than when he was scoring 15-19. Volume of shots was even about the same. Looks like bad luck to me. Like what Seguin had to start the season but it lasted all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad