Proposal: Janmark

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I mean, if you can get a 1st, then sure. But I'd rather have him than a random 3rd.
Well yeah that's why I said good return. A random 3rd wouldn't move the needle.

But if you look at how Tampa was buying at the deadline last year, I don't think a 1st is out of the realm of possibility if Janmark can continue to produce. At the least you're probably looking at a 2nd + B level prospect.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I think so too

XXX-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-XXX
Kubalik-Strome-XXX

Actually Janmark could be like an improved Caggs for T/K no?

Id staple Strome with Hagel and Kurashev, just as much speed and hard work as possible. That would leave an absolute beast 2nd line of Cat - Dach - Kubalik, and a monster 4th too with Kampf, Shaw and whoever the 3rd wheel.

I don't know where Suter and Nylander fit in though, at least just speaking about this year. Could Suter replace Janmark on the top line?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
He’s not only replaced some of Saads defensive aspects, but he’s also replaced his offensive production.

it’s tough to trade him at the deadline but it could be possible to trade him and sign him in the summer after the expansion draft. He has to like the situation he’s in now compared to what Dallas gave him - more minutes in an offensive role. That might work in the Hawks favor if he goes to free agency.

Reactions: Muffinalt

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Actually Janmark could be like an improved Caggs for T/K no?

Id staple Strome with Hagel and Kurashev, just as much speed and hard work as possible. That would leave an absolute beast 2nd line of Cat - Dach - Kubalik, and a monster 4th too with Kampf, Shaw and whoever the 3rd wheel.

I don't know where Suter and Nylander fit in though, at least just speaking about this year. Could Suter replace Janmark on the top line?

It’s possible Shaw and Janmark are not here next year

suter-Toews-Kane
Cat-dach-Kuba
Hagel-strome-kurashev

That is a solid top 9... not sure that is how I would want them split up but it’s pretty dam good

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Lots of options going forward. Also be mindful another potential euro import and a free agent market that will still be depressed a bit. Not talking a guy like hall he will get a big contract but next years Toffoli we could get a steal of a deal. Also trades as options.

Reactions: Muffinalt

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Lots of options going forward. Also be mindful another potential euro import and a free agent market that will still be depressed a bit. Not talking a guy like hall he will get a big contract but next years Toffoli we could get a steal of a deal. Also trades as options.

Ya I really think you will see Stan make a couple deals to free up spots for the youth movement. My guess is that Shaw and Carpenter will be dealt at the deadline, Soda will not be resigned, Wallmark may or may not be traded and is RFA...Kampf is an RFA and if Stan can get him to take a 2 year bridge deal he gets resigned, if not he gets dealt.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Ya I really think you will see Stan make a couple deals to free up spots for the youth movement. My guess is that Shaw and Carpenter will be dealt at the deadline, Soda will not be resigned, Wallmark may or may not be traded and is RFA...Kampf is an RFA and if Stan can get him to take a 2 year bridge deal he gets resigned, if not he gets dealt.
Still need some vets for the team. But agreed he will be active in opening spots up.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Still need some vets for the team. But agreed he will be active in opening spots up.

Vets can include Toews, Kane, Keith, Murphy, Zadorov (albeit fairly young) and by then I would consider Cat and Strome borderline Vets albeit still fairly young. I would imagine that one of Shaw/Janmark be back but not both so if you think about it, that is Vet enough IMO. Could add dehaan but I suspect he is not here next season

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Vets can include Toews, Kane, Keith, Murphy, Zadorov (albeit fairly young) and by then I would consider Cat and Strome borderline Vets albeit still fairly young. I would imagine that one of Shaw/Janmark be back but not both so if you think about it, that is Vet enough IMO. Could add dehaan but I suspect he is not here next season
Going to be interesting from the deadline to the offseason

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Something amazing is happening...

Everyone seems to have different opinions/ideas on what next years forward lines and Dpairs might look like....and they ALL look good. I look at every one of them and I’m like “damn that’s a stacked lineup”...and IMO that’s a great sign. Shows the depth of talent we’ve assembled. Can’t remember the last time it was this exciting to skim through the different lineup suggestions.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Here is how I would fill in those blanks with guys we have under contract for next year...

Suter-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Hagel
Kubalik-Strome-Kurashev

As far as the top 9 goes I think everyone agrees on these 6: Kane, Toews(if healthy), Dach, DeBrincat, Strome, and Kubalik.

As for the remaining 3 spots MOST seem to agree on these 2: Suter and Kurashev.

There really is no bad/wrong answer for that 3rd and final spot: Janmark(if re-signed), Shaw, Hagel, and Nylander.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Here is how I would fill in those blanks with guys we have under contract for next year...

Suter-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Hagel
Kubalik-Strome-Kurashev

Crazy to think this team is doing so well without their top two centers. This could be the shortest rebuild in NHL history if Toews and Dach can come back at the TDL producing like last year.

I think the biggest thing this year is the buy in and character in the room. The vets didn’t seem to want to buy in to JCs system or SBs vision. Once they all embraced it, it changed everything. Along with the mood of this board

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What if the Hawks stay in a PO spot with him? I wouldn't punt this away for getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Playoff spot you keep him.

But if he can get a 1st, I'd still consider trading him regardless of playoff spot. This team still needs rebuild assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad