Proposal: Janmark

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
must be resigned! He's been a tremendous addition, kudos to Bowman on this signing...at first it looked like a spot gap in the youth movement but now I think he's gotta be signed to a longer deal

Janmarks' good at hockey!

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He's been very, very solid. Would be great as long as we don't overpay.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
trade him and you can always resign him next year. he has as many goals this year as all of last. Sell high

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Agreed. Although, you can tell him, we want you here beyond next year, but we need assets as a rebuilding team. Trade him for a 2nd? and resign him in the offseason.
Absolutely. And he can make of that what he will, but it is the truth. This team still needs more rebuilding assets.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I am all for re-signing Janmark. The question is if we do now, do we need to protect him in the expansion draft?

I'm with Musto a little on trading him for a good size return and then resign him in the off-season.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
When healthy where does he draw into the lineup next year?

Kubalik-Toews-Suter
DeBrincat-Dach-Kane
Hagel-Strome-Kurashev
Janmark-Kampf-Shaw

Also I bet Nylander gets another look with the injury.

It all depends on what we can get for him I guess. If he keeps overachieving like this though you have to sell high.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm here. You trade him at the deadline and hope for the best in the summer. They have a forward logjam anyway when Dach comes back, and even moreso if Toews comes back.
Holy shit you're KBS again!

But yeah that's the thing. Dach, Toews, and Nylander come back into the fold next season. Maybe we bring in Reichel. Maybe Barratt steps up.

So I think if Janmark continues being productive, you just sell high on him. If you retain 50% on him, you really maximize your potential return.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If Toews comes back and is himself id split the top 9 into this format:

XXX-Toews-Kubalik
XXX-Dach-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-XXX

With those XXX options hopefully being Suter, Kurashev, Janmark(re-signed), Shaw, Hagel, and Nylander.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

But yeah that's the thing. Dach, Toews, and Nylander come back into the fold next season. Maybe we bring in Reichel. Maybe Barratt steps up.

So I think if Janmark continues being productive, you just sell high on him. If you retain 50% on him, you really maximize your potential return.
It’s the smart move to make

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think any contender would be highly interested in Janmark at a cap hit of $1,125,000. If he continues his scoring pace, that's the ultimate deadline rental. Could honestly net a 1st round pick if you look at last year's market.
If they get a first for him at half retention it’s a great win. Offense with great defense can make that happen at his contract

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Yeah too many options, although there could be some trades in the off-season you never know. But something has to give, or otherwise we roll into season with 14 legit options and potential Barratt/Reichel/Entwistle trio knocking at the door.

The other issue is cap space. We have shitloads this off-season, but a year later Dach, Kubalik, Boqvist and Strome (according to capfriendly Kurashev too but last year his elc should've slid no?) all need new contracts. So Janmark would eat into that two if he's brought back at anything longer than a 1 year deal.

Janmark has been very good and a clear fit, but to commit to him would require some changes elsewhere in the lineup.

Let's see how it plays out.

Reactions: Giovi

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I think any contender would be highly interested in Janmark at a cap hit of $1,125,000. If he continues his scoring pace, that's the ultimate deadline rental. Could honestly net a 1st round pick if you look at last year's market.

Yep. And that's precisely why the Hawks should trade him.

Then try to re-sign him in the offseason, assuming the price/term isn't bananas.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad