Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I think Mysak is one of the Habs’ most exciting prospects. Can end up being an LW or maybe a C, will not be rushed, will get an opportunity to be mentored by Pleks.

I hope he stays in Europe for 2 years then they bring him over to start in Laval

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think Mysak is one of the Habs’ most exciting prospects. Can end up being an LW or maybe a C, will not be rushed, will get an opportunity to be mentored by Pleks.

I hope he stays in Europe for 2 years then they bring him over to start in Laval

Ehhh he's let it be known he'd much rather pursue his NHL dream in north america tho.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He's he considered CHL property or not? Could he join Laval next season? He needs to adapt his game to the NA style, he doesn't have much to learn in terms of skill and he's already got great IQ/vision.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's he considered CHL property or not? Could he join Laval next season? He needs to adapt his game to the NA style, he doesn't have much to learn in terms of skill and he's already got great IQ/vision.

CHL property it appears. When you go to Elite level prospects... it shows (Loan) on his season in the Czech league. He could join Laval if the Habs sign him to the ELC.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He is property of the Hamilton Bulldogs. He is on loan to Litvinov by Hamilton.

Reactions: Tyson

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

Shaping up as an outrageous steal where we picked him. The Draft Dynasty profile is very effusive.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

I love his potential to grow and beef up, one of the youngest players in the draft, he is pretty shifty, good skater, high motor, good on 200 ft, nice hands, like his passing skills, thats sharp, quick and accurate, but doesnt seem to have great vision or creativity, also seems to have limited shooting and goalscoring instincts... I see him as a winger, potentially in the Lehkonen mold with possibly a bit more offense to his game...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't think so but i also don't think it matters as you don't want him in Laval at 19, he needs to work on things, no need to rush it by putting him in a very crowded Laval team before he's ready.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I love his potential to grow and beef up, one of the youngest players in the draft, he is pretty shifty, good skater, high motor, good on 200 ft, nice hands, like his passing skills, thats sharp, quick and accurate, but doesnt seem to have great vision or creativity, also seems to have limited shooting and goalscoring instincts... I see him as a winger, potentially in the Lehkonen mold with possibly a bit more offense to his game...
It would seem unlikely that he dominates on a new OHL team like he did, were his talent so pedestrian. The fact that his defensive game is so well developed should not take away from the offensive ledger.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It would seem unlikely that he dominates on a new OHL team like he did, were his talent so pedestrian. The fact that his defensive game is so well developed should not take away from the offensive ledger.
25 pts in 22 OHL games is what you call dominating? Im not saying he is bad offensively or cant get better, Im only saying that from what I saw so far, his vision, shot and goalscoring instincts havent impressed me much... Maybe he has more offense in him than I think at this point, we will see...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
25 pts in 22 OHL games is what you call dominating? Im not saying he is bad offensively or cant get better, Im only saying that from what I saw so far, his vision, shot and goalscoring instincts havent impressed me much... Maybe he has more offense in him than I think at this point, we will see...

Lol ok.. and how many points in a players first ever 22 OHL games to start his CHL career after crossing the pond would it take for you to consider someone "Dominating" ...? 30? 40? ...do you realize anything near that and he isnt available to us?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

22 pts with 15 goals in 22 games is very good when you consider he is Czech and making the trip over seas and adapting to a new culture. His age 17 season too! 20th OA pick in the 2019 CHL import draft. A guy like Timo Meier came to Halifax as a 17 year old and put up 34 pts in 66 games. A fair amount of Euro's come over at 18 in case you didn't notice that.

What Mysak did as a 17 year old is very good production even though it was 22 games.

Reactions: FiveHole Surprise

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I remember mysak last year during WJC. I like to spend time to watch few game during this christmas time, and i remember Mysak. He was dominating a game and honestly, i didnt know that he was an eligible prospect 2020 draft. I just saw him play and i was impress. Playing right at this age, at this tournament can be sonething interessting for his future

Reactions: Redux91 and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I remember mysak last year during WJC. I like to spend time to watch few game during this christmas time, and i remember Mysak. He was dominating a game and honestly, i didnt know that he was an eligible prospect 2020 draft. I just saw him play and i was impress. Playing right at this age, at this tournament can be sonething interessting for his future

With covid, most players will be 1 year older. So if he does well, it will be that much more impressive.

Next year should be a big year for him, as this year should be fir Cole Caufield.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
22 pts with 15 goals in 22 games is very good when you consider he is Czech and making the trip over seas and adapting to a new culture. His age 17 season too! 20th OA pick in the 2019 CHL import draft. A guy like Timo Meier came to Halifax as a 17 year old and put up 34 pts in 66 games. A fair amount of Euro's come over at 18 in case you didn't notice that.

What Mysak did as a 17 year old is very good production even though it was 22 games.

He was also near goal per game in his first 14 games (12 goals in 14 games)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Yep thats surely good enough production all things considered, never said the opposite, but I would put the emphasis on the word "dominating" here, which he hasnt, yet.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Normally I don't buy much about any short term mentorship making any difference but I'm glad the kid is spending even a little time with Plekanec since I think his road to any NHL success will be remarkably similar even if he ends up a winger.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Normally I don't buy much about any short term mentorship making any difference but I'm glad the kid is spending even a little time with Plekanec since I think his road to any NHL success will be remarkably similar even if he ends up a winger.

yeah I don't think this meeting will be a huge scale tipper. I'm just more heartened that he's so proactive. His Bulldogs coach or GM said the same thing. He was asking tons of questions on how to make the team better, etc. It's obviously not a bad thing.

On a sort of side note, what kind of production should we expect from him in the Czech League? I know he's 18 but the Czech league is a fairly low tier league. I like that he seems to be looking good. I'm just genuinely curious if anyone knows.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
@montreal more or less said the same thing in the other thread but here's Scott Wheeler's response concerning Mysak's disappointing start to the season:

" It hasn't gone like he (or I) expected it would. But he has also been unlucky and nobody on Litvinov (including those with more opportunity than him) has been scoring. I wouldn't read too much into it."

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im maybe wrong. Someone could tell me, but these euro league SHL,czech, liiga... arent developpement league so the management will prefer to give icetime to older player because they want to win and not necessarly developp young players. Am i wrong?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Im maybe wrong. Someone could tell me, but these euro league SHL,czech, liiga... arent developpement league so the management will prefer to give icetime to older player because they want to win and not necessarly developp young players. Am i wrong?

They are going to play whoever they think will help them win and when you know the guy is going to leave for the NHL or CHL, then they will not be as invested in your growth.

Reactions: Hins77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad