Jan Kovar 2010->

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We were talking about the KHL for quite a while at that point.
You were... it's not a KHL post.. maybe start one about KHL stars that didn't crack the NHL... I'll add Cervenka to your list ...

I think leading the NLA (which he did today) is a hell of an achievement.. that's a good league!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You were... it's not a KHL post.. maybe start one about KHL stars that didn't crack the NHL... I'll add Cervenka to your list ...
So we can't establish real Kovar's talent level based on his career in the KHL because it offends you? Because I said Kovar played a secondary role, which he did?

If you want to make a case how Kovar leading the NLA disproves anything I have said the floor is yours.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

I think leading the NLA (which he did today) is a hell of an achievement.. that's a good league!
Cervenka is actually a brilliant mention in light of all you said, by the way. The guy who scored more than 40 points in the KHL once in his career while playing with Jagr. And whose career numbers are 0.81 PPG in the KHL vs. 1.11 in NLA. Where he was still 5th in scoring at the ripe age of 35. On a terrible team, too.

He finished top 10 in KHL scoring 4 years in a row...
Yes and all those years he centered what is a consensus GOAT player of the league. Who scored at a higher rate than Kovar each of those years. Must be a coincidence. Oh and then that last season where the said player had real injury troubles Kovar scored 35 points in 54 games, despite being in prime-age, in theory. Must also be a coincidence.

Look, he is not a bad player. But what the hell are you trying to prove here.

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
Lyubushkin's NHL salary is 1 mil. Double that would make him far and away the best-paid player of the league. It would also take up 1/6 of the cap (which I doubt you knew existed). Even his current salary would place him firmly in the top-10 which seems kinda too much for a 2nd pairing D on a pretty humble team (within the context) at the best of times. I mean Loko played him 12 minutes per night during the recent covid loan stint.

They were in the All-Star game (albeit I'm still not sure about Rasmussen) because 1) all teams have to be represented; 2) by someone who is healthy and reasonably willing to attend. It's the same in the NHL. You are pretty much trying to prove Tyler Bertuzzi is 1) NHL star; 2) equal to McDavid because he played in the All-Star game. Not all people there are stars (even more so in the KHL where talent disparity is so much bigger) and not all "stars" are equal.
I know the cap exists in the KHL. I also know the KHL cap is softer than the NBA one. I didn't realize the KHL salaries had been slashed threefold or more in just a couple of years, though. This and the lack of transparency in the KHL salaries only adds to the mushyness of the league and the imprecision of its evaluation.

Not all stars (and all-stars) are equal, but they're still stars, the best players on their teams. Are you implying at least a quarter of the teams (but more like half) in the KHL are as bad related to the remainder (the other half?) of the league, as the Detroit Red Wings for the last 3-4 years compared to the rest of the NHL?

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad