Pre-Game Talk: Jan 9 - Leafs @ Hurricanes - Wheel of inconsistency says we'll win this one

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Hoping for a shut out by reimers and he keeps the ball, starting both of the back-to-back. When was the last time we put up a shut out anyway? -scratches head-

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Against a really motivated Staal, who normally kills the Leafs anyway...

I assume you mean Eric being motivated by not being on Team Canada? He left the Islander game with an injury and didn't play against Nashville either. He is expected to be out again this game unless something changes at the last minute.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
we've only had two on the season and both in October.
we shut out Edmonton 4-0 (Reimer in net).
and Nashville 4-0 (Bernier in net).
It's certainly been a while.
I assume you mean Eric being motivated by not being on Team Canada? He left the Islander game with an injury and didn't play against Nashville either. He is expected to be out again this game unless something changes at the last minute.
Ouch that sucks.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Hoping for a shut out by reimers and he keeps the ball, starting both of the back-to-back. When was the last time we put up a shut out anyway? -scratches head-

Shutout, shutout? Really? You want a shutout! :rant:

Well, never mind talking about a shutout! I just want a win!!! :nod:

9-7 or 2-1... Just get a win, in regulation! :amazed:

Shutout? :shakehead

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carolina is 2 points back with a game in hand. Kind of a big game.

A Carolina win in regulation time would actually take Leafs wild card spot away temporarily and move the Leafs out of the playoffs for the 1st time this year.

So this is a big one for the boys to defend their turf in and hold their spot.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
A Carolina win in regulation time would actually take Leafs wild card spot away temporarily and move the Leafs out of the playoffs for the 1st time this year.

So this is a big one for the boys to defend their turf in and hold their spot.

Looks like a loss might serve them better than a sloppy SO win tonight.

Lose this game and may be they actually get their collective heads out of their ***** and realize that they pissed away a GREAT opportunity to get the top 3 seed in the division or create separation in the wild card race by playing like *****.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Looks like a loss might serve them better than a sloppy SO win tonight.

Lose this game and may be they actually get their collective heads out of their ***** and realize that they pissed away a GREAT opportunity to get the top 3 seed in the division or create separation in the wild card race by playing like *****.

Lose this game and they'll be vulnerable and ripe for the picking on Friday (in Washington). Lose both, and with a win for New York on Friday and Ottawa on Saturday would have the Leafs sitting in 11th. Their next three games are all teams sitting right behind them, and then the next three are against teams that are division rivals. This should be a good test for them and for us to see what they really are.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs don't seem to perform well in big games. Last 2 games were that and they came out meh, and Bernier crapped the bed as well.

Tough to be an optimistic fan these days.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So what do our lines look like Holland down in the AHL? is Trevor Smith back or are we gonna go with 7 defenceman?

7 d makes the most sense. Any of the Centers can rotate into the 4th line for the 5 minutes a night they play.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Reimer to start. Clarkson looks like won't play.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Leafs don't seem to perform well in big games. Last 2 games were that and they came out meh, and Bernier crapped the bed as well.

Sure is. The Leafs are playing like they want the coach fired, and not battling for their lives to remain in a playoff spot

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

No, it's very easy. You just believe they'll turn it around. I always believe in that possibility until it's impossible. It's no harder to be optimistic than it is to be pessimistic.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Any idea of the Starter? Clarkson or Gunnar playing?

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Been skipping watching a lot of these games. It's been a waste of my evening lately. Hoping for James to pull out a good one

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Not feeling good about this one. Just can't see how this team can turn things around given the way they have played all year. Last two months have been ugly and Oct they were lucky. By the time the Olympic break arrives I fear the Leafs will be several points out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad