Pre-Game Talk: Jan 29th versus Buffalo - We need Kessel going tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Hoping with the 2 day rest Leafs will be refreshed and have a solid game. Though he's been playing well, really need to get Kessel on the score sheet and also hoping he can find some chemistry with JVR. Also maybe its about time to give Kostka a game off? Go with:

Gunnar-Phanuef
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Komisarek

?

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Something people also need to realize with this team is that it's a work in progress.

There are going to be games where everything just works (Pittsburgh) and then games where **** falls apart (NYI/NYR).

I think the encouraging thing for me is that, while we've had collapses, we've seen some serious play by this team. It's not as though we've been dominated from puck drop to the final minute, there have been clear turning points, though.

I think the most important turning points of all the losses so far have been failure on the PP to put away the game or to keep the crowd quiet.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
Too bad the leafs didn't have two Kostka's, that would be a slick first pairing

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Something people also need to realize with this team is that it's a work in progress.

There are going to be games where everything just works (Pittsburgh) and then games where **** falls apart (NYI/NYR).

I think the encouraging thing for me is that, while we've had collapses, we've seen some serious play by this team. It's not as though we've been dominated from puck drop to the final minute, there have been clear turning points, though.

I think the most important turning points of all the losses so far have been failure on the PP to put away the game or to keep the crowd quiet.

its only 5 games.
we will see the real team after the 10th game.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

A smart post. Thanks.

And tbh, I'd rather prefer to start off like this with some hard fought games rather than the 4-0 illusion we had the last two years. This team has it's flaws but it's better we know what they are right away rather than living off an illusion like we did before. Last year was the biggest trip I've ever had as a Leafs fan. After that depressing collapse at the end of the season, I took a serious step back and re-evaluated this team. There's a lot of flaws, but it's a work in progress.

mikebel111*

these last 2 posts are actually really good, most of them have been, like, this team sucks, we have no future, lol, trade kessel, etc..

I have seen improvment in our zone, still work to be done, but it's looking like it's headed in right direction, PK looks good, though I still think we are a little bit to back on the PK [atleast the forwards, but there is pressure, so thats a good sign]

offense needs to be better, but it will start clicking soon

decent start, but work ahead for sure

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I don't see how the hatred against Kostka is rational. He has been solid and can handle big minutes. The fact that they were able to keep up with the Rangers, heavily stacked, first line for 45 minutes was impressive.

If anything, it was decision-making errors by Phaneuf that made the Leafs vulnerable. That had a lot to do with the >30 minute ice time and Randy is going to change that.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I don't see how the hatred against Kostka is rational. He has been solid and can handle big minutes. The fact that they were able to keep up with the Rangers, heavily stacked, first line for 45 minutes was impressive.

If anything, it was decision-making errors by Phaneuf that made the Leafs vulnerable. That had a lot to do with the >30 minute ice time and Randy is going to change that.

I agree.

Leafs For Life*

It's the fact that he is a decent dman, but should not be on the top pair, nor anywhere near the powerplay since he has almost no creativity, and that Gunnar is just better than him and should be top pair.

Leafs For Life*

A smart post. Thanks.

And tbh, I'd rather prefer to start off like this with some hard fought games rather than the 4-0 illusion we had the last two years. This team has it's flaws but it's better we know what they are right away rather than living off an illusion like we did before. Last year was the biggest trip I've ever had as a Leafs fan. After that depressing collapse at the end of the season, I took a serious step back and re-evaluated this team. There's a lot of flaws, but it's a work in progress.

lol I thought you were the guy you quoted, since you have the same profile picture, complimenting himself on the post. :laugh:

And, I'd rather the 4-0 hard fought and to keep on going lol.

DaveT83*

What year is this? Deja Vu every time I come to this forum now.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
In case any of you were wondering, a couple tickets just got released due to the increased capacity and whatnot.

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010
Let's hope KEssel shows up this game. Can't wait to see his filfthy shot go top cheese this season, leafs could use his first one right about now

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
A smart post. Thanks.

Am I missing something? What "hard fought games" have they played? Scoring in the first then being dominated in the 2nd and 3rd don't count as hard fought games in my books. Falling apart and generating almost no scoring chances in the 2nd half of the game don't count either.

It's been the same story for years with this team. Jump off to a good start, trail off and blow a lead. There was no illusion last year, a lot of people could see that the team was just out scoring their problems right off the gate. Teams adapted to the Leafs' speed and the Leafs owned the worst after the all-star break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad