Pre-Game Talk: Jan 29th versus Buffalo - We need Kessel going tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Kessel's clearly frustrated out there and he's trying to do too much by himself and taking bad shots. He needs a greasy goal to boost his confidence and then he'll get rolling. I like moving JVR up to the first line. His net presence, board play and ability to create space should open up room for Kessel.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I understand the need to have enough healthy defencemen to get through a condensed schedule, but the musical chairs act with the defence pairings is going to prevent our blueline from developing a sense of cohesion.

The only defence pairing that hasn't been broken up yet is Phaneuf/Kostka, which should have been the first pairing to be broken up.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Oh God, Miller is starting.

Just forfeit the game, for reals.

Let's prep the game plan for the game after. Panic mode, and as all Leafs fans in panic mode...it's time to suggest a crazy trade!

Kessel + Bozak + 2nd = Miller

MAHHH GAWWWWWW

Penalty Kill Icing*

Looking forward to 25:00 minutes of Pominville owning Kostka-Phaneuf pairing. :yo:

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Phaneuf - Kostka has looked good.

Just not playing 30+ mins.
Give them 20-25ish and that's a solid pairing.

Stop with the Kostka hate. You think it's easy going from being a career AHLer to playing top pairing in the most pressured city of hockey?
He's played like a solid 2nd/3rd pairing guy. No need to remove him off our roster for Franson who has been brutal and can't control a pass

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
So, he's right, then. JVR won't play there tonight. :)

Well if we want to argue semantics... :laugh:

Hopefully Kessel can break out soon. He looks so frustrated these days. I think he's just gripping his stick too hard but once he pots one, they'll start flowing.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
I assume Reimer gets the start. He didn't have a good game against the Pens, but despite the loss, played great against the Rangers. Managed to smother a lot of the rebounds, fought his way through a lot of traffic, and even made a breakaway save high glove on Nash. :amazed:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Our secondary guys are doing a good job taking on the burden of scoring, with Kessel struggling (and Lupul's absence). But we still need Kessel to get things done, he had a terrible game against the Rangers.

Last edited:

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Our secondary guys are doing a good job without Lupul in the lineup and with Kessel struggling. But we still need Kessel to get things done, he had a terrible game against the Rangers.

Our secondary guys are not affected much by Lupul's absence.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Kessel doesn't need lupul. He carried a line that consisted of Johnny malkin mitchell and Joey Crabb. I'd say put Orr and Brown at centre/wings to clear up space and dig pucks out of the corner for Kessel and let the man snipe.

leafspring*

Time to try Kessel with Kadri..maybe with Kulemin

Special K line.

Kulemin has to go in millers house in the same way JVR has to on the Kessel line.Thats my only beef with Kulemin's game though. His point totals would go up if he made a stand in the front of the net. Carlyle needs to have time to work him into it ,but it would be a nice final step in his developement to see.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Kessel doesn't need lupul. He carried a line that consisted of Johnny malkin mitchell and Joey Crabb. I'd say put Orr and Brown at centre/wings to clear up space and dig pucks out of the corner for Kessel and let the man snipe.

2010-11
Kessel without Lupul: 54 GP, 19G, 16A, 35 Pts, -19 (0.65 PPG, 53 point pace)
Kessel with Lupul: 28 GP, 13G, 16A, 29 Pts, -1 (1.07 PPG, 85 point pace)

He did carry his line without Lupul, but not very far. Looks like obtaining Lupul also improved Kessel's defense. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad