GDT: Jan 19: Flames @ Kings [8:30pm MT: Sportsnet]

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Wow, just checked the Johnny thread on the Kings board and there is a serious level of idiocracy going on there. Kind of entertaining to see fans of such a good team turn so grumpy and bitter over a player like Johnny.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
7aXrVqr.gif

A goal so nice, he got to celebrate twice.

It was a good win tonight!! A frustrating game to watch for the most part, especially since we couldn't muster up any SOG, but they came through in the end.

Now on to Anaheim!

TrelivingtheDream

Mar 16, 2013
Leuven, BE
A goal so nice, he got to celebrate twice.

It was a good win tonight!! A frustrating game to watch for the most part, especially since we couldn't muster up any SOG, but they came through in the end.

Now on to Anaheim!

I came here wanting to see a gif off the wideman celebration - wasn't disappointed. Best 2-1, outshot to hell win i've seen for a while.

What do the flames do with Ortio now? (Apart from start him against Anaheim)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Wow. I wake up and see a huge OT win against a division rival. That's a way to start a Wednesday!

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
12 loser points for the Kings now... If they make the playoffs over us because of those, I am going to be pissed.

MrGameAndWatch

Jun 23, 2014
I just browsed through the GDT on the Kings page.

Are they always like that?
Well, they choked away a 3-0 lead on the back of a Johnny Hockey hat trick. Every game vs us they're going to be clamoring "Can someone hit that damn midget already?"

Plus, they have PTSD from playing us. When the score is 0-0 and they're leading in shots and play, the Kings fans are still a nervous wreck while we're all like...

"We got dis"
628b31ef5fea67162bcb271e269030fe.jpg

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I just browsed through the GDT on the Kings page.

1290165886_rsd4rn.gif

Are they always like that?

That's what tends to happen when a team has been good for a while, and should still be performing well, and fails to meet fan expectations. Grumpiness ensues. Wings fans were the worst for it a couple of years back because none of them could remember what losing was actually like. They'd lose two games in a row and people would be in table-flipping mode.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's a shame. Brown had the most hilarious look on his face when Stajan shoved him. Like his mom had just taken his favourite toy.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
You know, I have no problem with the Kings team (Reggie is still one of my favourite D-men, Kopitar is one of my favourite players in the league right now) but holy ****, their fans have either turned into the hugest d-bags on HF since winning two cups, or their jimmies are extremely rustled. That Johnny Hockey™ thread is horrible, you'd think Johnny pulled a Voynov and beat his wife or something with how much they are trash talking the kid.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
TSN has an awesome clip of Wideman's reaction. Like he found out it was in, then looked around the team to see if anyone else believes it, then gets that '**** yeah!' moment!

I loved how it took the announcers a few moments even after showing the overhead replay to believe it was in. Like they didn't want to admit they were wrong about it hitting the crossbar!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I do I do.

whats up
he wants you to take a screen shot of Dustin Brown's face after Stajan hit him (but before he punched him).

And I want one of Wideman's face when he realized they called it a goal.

I think we would both greatly appreciate these :laugh:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
he wants you to take a screen shot of Dustin Brown's face after Stajan hit him (but before he punched him).

And I want one of Wideman's face when he realized they called it a goal.

I think we would both greatly appreciate these :laugh:
I didnt watch the game so you gotta give me some approximate times

did they both happen in the OT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad