Injury Report: Jan. 12 update: Gostisbehere (LBI) not expected to play Wednesday

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Good to hear it's nothing major. I'd rather tank the season and not have a shot at the playoffs than tush ghost back too soon. He is here to stay at least which should stop him from pushing to come back too soon.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think they botched the numbers. If I'm not mistaken Cousins was up with the team then.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
FLYguy3911 is probably correct. The faceoff was taken at even strength, 5-on-5, in the neutral zone in the first period. Cousins was on the ice at the time. Without looking back at the game film, I think the stats guy input 53 instead of 52, as there was no reason for Ghost to take a faceoff at the time.

80 1 EV 14:07
5:53 FAC PHI won Neu. Zone - PHI #53 GOSTISBEHERE vs NYR #13 HAYES

Flyers on Ice:
52C
93R
21L
53D
82D
35G

Last edited:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Did he not take a draw during OT after G got bounced?

I have to think if this happened it would be Jake taking the draw, not a defenseman. That would seemingly only happen on a 5 on 3 PK, and ghost wouldn't be on the ice for that.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I have to think if this happened it would be Jake taking the draw, not a defenseman. That would seemingly only happen on a 5 on 3 PK, and ghost wouldn't be on the ice for that.

It must not have been that game for Ghost, but for some reason I'm remembering a situation where one of the Dmen took a draw.

Looking up the stats, I might have been thinking of Luke Schenn. When did Luke get his 50% FOW%?

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...Type=2&sort=points&aggregate=1&teamId=4&pos=D

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I looked at the game tape. The faceoff supposedly taken by Ghost was indeed taken by Cousins. Also Luke Schenn's two faceoffs belong to Laughton.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Monday:

For the first time since he suffered an undisclosed injury Thursday in Minnesota, Flyers defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere skated Monday and said he had no ill effects.

Gostisbehere skated for about 20 minutes with assistant coach Ian Laperriere before practice and later took shots at goalies Steve Mason and Michal Neuvirth.

He did not participate in the regular practice, and he said he did not know if he would play Wednesday against visiting Boston. The Flyers list him as day-to-day.

"It was good to get on the ice and take some shots at the goalies," he said. "Just getting more comfortable and getting my wind back."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20160112_Gostisbehere_on_the_way_back.html#v7jZ0rYvs3S8MQdb.99

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

It was Tweeted by at least two beats... definitely Timmy and IIRC BroadStreetBullsh*t... that it was other than the knee that took him out of the Game... they suggest it was the groin... In a taped interview after practice, I believe Ghost alluded to this basically being precautionary... and making sure that this doesn't turn into something bigger... Seems that Ghost is concerned and acting in a proactive manner... probably at the instructions of management. JMO

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
53 is still terrible!

I haven't been able to watch the Flyers regularly for a few years, since I came here to Thailand in 2012. I got Gamecenter for the playoffs last season, but of course I had to wait for this regular season to watch us. I started off about 7 games in or so, I think, and the first few games were just dire. Then they called up Ghost and I have been riveted, staring at the screen to see what he does, looking at the numbers to try and find that 53 so I can check out everything he does, almost to the exclusion of the other stuff happening. Because of this, I really love the number now.

The good thing about him getting a new number is that you can get two different sweaters - I love the idea of having a 53 to recognize his rookie season, even if he changes. The problem is that I could never wear it here - I would melt :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The only numbers I find annoying are the 76 and 78 VdV and Bellemare wear. It's hard for me to tell them apart sometimes, and it's even harder for the Philly commentators because they regularly get them confused. Usually that means they give credit for a good play made by Bellemare to VandeVelde.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I like that Bellemare and VDV wear 76 and 78. Makes it easy to tell which line is out or coming out if they're all still changing. If they wore numbers in the 20's that'd be real annoying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad