Injury Report: Jan. 12 update: Gostisbehere (LBI) not expected to play Wednesday

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The only numbers I find annoying are the 76 and 78 VdV and Bellemare wear. It's hard for me to tell them apart sometimes, and it's even harder for the Philly commentators because they regularly get them confused. Usually that means they give credit for a good play made by Bellemare to VandeVelde.

That is more a product of their being on the same line all the time then it is the numbers themselves.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wouldn't mind if the #76 jersey stayed in the locker room for a few games. It's insane he hasn't been a healthy scratch once this season while Matt Read, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Radko Gudas, Evgeny Medvedev, Sam Gagner, RJ Umberger and even Brandon Manning all have been.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't mind if the #76 jersey stayed in the locker room for a few games. It's insane he hasn't been a healthy scratch once this season while Matt Read, Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Radko Gudas, Evgeny Medvedev, Sam Gagner, RJ Umberger and even Brandon Manning all have been.

None of them went to ND.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

I think it's because Hakstol expects more out of them. Hakstol knows what he has with VandeVelde, so he doesn't expect much (maybe), while he expects Read, Schenn, Gudas, etc to play better. Maybe I'm just making excuses for him, I don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad