Injury Report: Jan. 12 update: Gostisbehere (LBI) not expected to play Wednesday

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
it's a shaynme that ghost is going to vanish from the lineup

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I heard groin strain, but no idea where I heard that. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit: Found it

They can afford to lose him for a game or 2... but not much more. IMO he's the second most important player on the team right now behind G. It's a good time to have 4 days off after Saturday, and then a 3 day break after that until the game after that.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It was when he got tripped up by Koivu. He kind of got can openered and went down awkward. He got up slow and didn't play the rest of the period, played 2 shifts in the 2nd period and went back to the lockerroom

Oh damn that's right. I forgot about that since he played after that briefly. Thanks.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They can afford to lose him for a game or 2... but not much more. IMO he's the second most important player on the team right now behind G. It's a good time to have 4 days off after Saturday, and then a 3 day break after that until the game after that.
na, shut him down, shoot for Matthews!!!!!

!!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Why must you all cause me so much pain? Why?

Oh for ****s sake, this one is just lazy. :laugh:

Not even trying to be clever with it.

Beef is just trying to come out of his shell. It's not like he deserves a standing ova-tion; more likely the yolk's on you if you consider him to be a real Benedict around here. I don't expect it to go over easy, but look on the sunny side.

Just wait until he starts calling Schenn Dumpty Plumpty.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Beef is just trying to come out of his shell. It's not like he deserves a standing ova-tion; more likely the yolk's on you if you consider him to be a real Benedict around here. I don't expect it to go over easy, but look on the sunny side.

giphy.gif

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

How could you pass up 'eggspect' in all that? ;)

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
If it's a groin strain and they expect him to miss one or two games, they might as well just keep him out for about two weeks. I don't know how many players we've seen over the years try to play through this and just make it worse, then end up being out long term.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If it's a groin strain and they expect him to miss one or two games, they might as well just keep him out for about two weeks. I don't know how many players we've seen over the years try to play through this and just make it worse, then end up being out long term.

Missing two games would mean nine days between games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Which sounds like a bruised knee.
Nothing serious here folks, move on.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The thing I worried about with the groin is that it is a compensation injury, like if he is laying off his injured knee and thus putting more pressure on other parts of his lower body. I think it is far too early to be worried about that now, but it's something we should maybe keep our eyes on if it persists. Not that we can do anything to help lolz.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The thing I worried about with the groin is that it is a compensation injury, like if he is laying off his injured knee and thus putting more pressure on other parts of his lower body. I think it is far too early to be worried about that now, but it's something we should maybe keep our eyes on if it persists. Not that we can do anything to help lolz.

There have been no reports that he injured his groin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad