Jamie McGinn & Steve Downie

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
To answer the OP , i dont think Downie is available . We dont find this kind of players on every corners. True that the Avs have some prospects coming up who will play on the wings, but non of them can bring with Steve brings to the table .

As far as his contract goes , because of Downie's injuries since he became an Avs , i suspect that it could be easier that we think to renew his contract( at least i hope ) . Even if he does have a good season this year i believe that his injuries history could give us a chance .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
After one game, yes...but given his body of work last year that is what he deserves.

He was worth more than Jones but I guess that goes without saying. McGinn makes only 15k more than Hunwick. Under 2M seems like a bargain to me. But my point really is that even 3M would be a healthy raise for McGinn. Unless I guess he puts up similar numbers to PAP and wants to argue for that type of contract. Big IF though.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I don't think in the short-term (next ~2 years) it will be hard, it will be more difficult when MacKinnon is a RFA and Tangs and PAP are UFAs.

I really don't think Tanguay is going to bolt to the biggest contract he can find after his current one is up. I think he will stay in Colorado until he retires (approximately 5 years).

PAP may bolt if he is forced to play 3rd line minutes. However, if he gets 15+ mins a night and PP time in Colorado, and is productive, I don't see him wanting to leave.

I think both can be re-signed for reasonable amounts, Tanguay more so than Pareanteau, but I do see both of them here for a while.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I really don't think Tanguay is going to bolt to the biggest contract he can find after his current one is up. I think he will stay in Colorado until he retires (approximately 5 years).

PAP may bolt if he is forced to play 3rd line minutes. However, if he gets 15+ mins a night and PP time in Colorado, and is productive, I don't see him wanting to leave.

I think both can be re-signed for reasonable amounts, Tanguay more so than Pareanteau, but I do see both of them here for a while.

PAP is under a contract for 3 more years, lots can happen between that. He's in a good position to succeed.

Downie should be getting a 4x4.5 type contract, and McGinn i'd expect a short term of 2.5 or longer term of 3.5.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
McGinn is taking this bodyguard thing seriously...

https://twitter.com/JamieMcGinn11
Can't shake this kid #cooluncle @Mackinnon9
BV7T380CYAAA9ay.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad