Confirmed with Link: Jamie Langenbrunner Retires

Mory Schneideur*

Mixed feelings. Loved him but hated him his final year or two.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
he was damn good for us
I wish he retired from us like Dano and Scott, but he still thought he had some gas in the tank, anyway, he did great things for us

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
I loved him during the playoff run in '03. Pretty meh about him the rest of the time. And thought he was kind of a whiny little ***** towards the end.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
There are players who left the team on far worse terms and upon returning for another stint, were quickly forgiven

Langs' good far outweighed his bad ending here, he was a warrior and a big part of this organization from the 03 cup to the lines he helped anchor

Will never forget him getting arthroscopic knee surgery in the middle of the 09 playoffs and coming back to play a few days after

Also won't forget this goal of his, a game I was also at

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Thank you for making this thread, Langs was my favorite player for many years on this team. He, outside of that last year with the team, embodied what everyone wanted out of a Devil. Commitment, leadership, clutch play, never took a game off. It disappoints me that so many people remembered the poor exit and neglect what a strong player he was for us for several seasons.

Good luck in your future endeavors Langs, wish you all the best.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Loved him for all but a year of his time with us. Probably top 5 in the Conn Smythe talk in 2003.

The only thing I hated about him before all the crap at the end, was when he would try the stuff move. He would do this a lot very early in his Devils tenure. Zach adopted it from him.

BurgerTime

Dec 14, 2009
With that my #15 jersey becomes un-retired. Always remember him for the '03 playoffs and scoring the GWG in Montreal to finish off the '06 comeback.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
It's a shame to see Jamie go. I remember when he was brought in, and he did a great job while he was here. It's disappointing the way his tenure had to end, but nothing but respect for Captain America

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
i'd like to know what made him such a malcontent near the end

From what I understand, Jamie was pissed that Lemaire let Shanny wear the C in a pre-season game. They kept hen pecking at each other all year and Jamie got butthurt about it.

I'm over it though. He was a great player for us. Being a Richard in his last year doesn't really change that.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
He was awesome his entire time here minus the last year. I didn't like the way it ended but any hard feelings are certainly lost. He was a huge factor for us in 2003. He had a great career in general. Thanks for the memories Langs.

I was at the game in New Jersey when he scored in over time against Ottawa in 2007. The only game we won that series. That was awesome. I would post it but I'm on my phone.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
With that my #15 jersey becomes un-retired. Always remember him for the '03 playoffs and scoring the GWG in Montreal to finish off the '06 comeback.

Honestly I'd almost forgot about the latter, which is kind of a shame because that was a great ending to the regular season. What happened after it, both good and bad (Ranger sweep, the punking by the Canes) kind of overshadowed that run to the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad