Proposal: Jamie Benn to MTL

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Looking to pay about what NJ gave up for Subban but Dallas would need to take a contract back (most likely Alzner, he can be bought out for cheap next year).

Doable?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Devils got that deal precisely because they could take the cap hit without sending garbage back. Heck, Santini is buried in the AHL.

Reactions: Steeler23

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Devils got that deal precisely because they could take the cap hit without sending garbage back. Heck, Santini is buried in the AHL.

Nashville was cap strapped and wanted to sign Duchene, Dallas wont be signing anyone and Alzner will be gone next year for 1M a season (post buy out).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW, I’ve read fan accounts saying he’s suffered a lot of wear and tear and he’s slowed down since a double hip surgery from a couple of summers ago.

There are too many red flags even with Dallas retaining salary.

How about chasing Radulov instead?

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
what kind of player your loking to give up on this trade ?
Jake Evans + Juulsen + 2rd 2019 + 2rd 2020 ?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

No. First and foremost Alzner need to go for cap purpose. We don’t have 9.5M available. Second, a LW (Lehkonen, Byron?) needs to go as well. Futures too I guess to make the deal work

Another made up story by the media.

most likely

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

For a 9.5M cap player (6 years remaining), MTL can not offer that kind of package. And does not work cap wise from MTL POV. If DAL does not play the playoffs and Benn waives his MNC, I guess he will have value but the teams are mostly cap restrained... I believe DAL will at least want a 1st in the deal, likely one very good prospect.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Really, really uncomfortable with idea of Montreal taking on Benn's contract. They already have to navigate with Price's contract. Benn's not looked good in a while and the idea having 20 mil tied up in guys over 30 with NMC long term seems franchise-crippling.

Reactions: Edgy and Steeler23

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Benn has a full no move. He would retire before waiving it to go to the habs. The **** you on?

what makes you think that? He’s very good friend with Weber and Price. His brother has nothing but good word to say about Montreal and the team itself is better than Dallas AND have a much better future/trending in the right direction.

As for the offer, if the Habs want to fit him under the cap, Alzner and most likely Byron need to be included as well as a first round pick (top 10 protected) and a decent prospect (Ylonen?).

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Another made up story by the media.

Nah he's probably interested in Jordie Benn.

I don't want Jamie Benn either though so I'll pass on that. 6 years remaining at 9.5 and Habs already have Price and Weber locked long term

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
what makes you think that? He’s very good friend with Weber and Price. His brother has nothing but good word to say about Montreal and the team itself is better than Dallas AND have a much better future/trending in the right direction.

As for the offer, if the Habs want to fit him under the cap, Alzner and most likely Byron need to be included as well as a first round pick (top 10 protected) and a decent prospect (Ylonen?).

Huh? Montreal hasn't even made the playoffs in the last two seasons. You look at the two rosters and Dallas has a far better one.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013

Better then dallas? HAHA... HIs brother has to say nice things when he was a player there. Thats how that shit works.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Huh? Montreal hasn't even made the playoffs in the last two seasons. You look at the two rosters and Dallas has a far better one.

i think Montreal has a better team at the moment and a much better future.

I mean, last year Dallas 4th best forward had 30 points. They played in a very weak division and were outproduced by Montreal (93 vs 96 points). Also, aside from Heinskanen, they don’t have any high end prospects/young top 6/4 NHL players

Better then dallas? HAHA... HIs brother has to say nice things when he was a player there. Thats how that **** works.

What do you mean? He kept saying this summer he loved his time in Montreal.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At this point in time, would Benn waive his NMC? Doubt it but maybe that changes as time moves forward. His contract is very risky and he is a power forward type where his skating is not his main strength.

I would look into a Benn for Weber swap but maybe that talk can happen after the Habs get to see how Fleury, Brook, and Juulsen look this year on RD. However, is that the type or return the Stars would like? Not sure on what direction they would head in if they trade Benn.

Habs do need some grit up front but were not desperate for it. I'd wait this one out for a bit cause Benn could become more of a bigger problem for the Stars.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal

Yet the Habs finished with 3 more points than Dallas last year and have a young core of top forwards while having a top 5 prospect list with the best ones already ready or 1 year from being NHL ready

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

I mean, last year Dallas 4th best forward had 30 points. They played in a very weak division and were outproduced by Montreal (93 vs 96 points). Also, aside from Heinskanen, they don’t have any high end prospects/young top 6/4 NHL players

I guess this guy Roope Hintz is some scrub to go along with Lindell and Klingberg. The Central division has the Blues, you know the defending Stanley Cup champs and Colorado, Jets, and Preds. How someone calls that division weak is utterly beyond me.

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

very weak division? If only the Central had teams like buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit last year to play. Central has been one of the toughest divisions for years

Maybe your thinking of the Pacific, but Dallas hasn’t played there for awhile now

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Looking to pay about what NJ gave up for Subban but Dallas would need to take a contract back (most likely Alzner, he can be bought out for cheap next year).

Doable?
Jamie Benn is finished with a terrible contract. Pass

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Uhhh Roope Hintz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad