Confirmed with Link: James Wisniewski and a 3rd to Anaheim for William Karlsson, Rene Bourque, and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
to make matters even worse, Bourque is signed through next year (at 2.5 Mil). How much dead weight can we carry?

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Seriously, **** This. What is the rationale? Wiz was a good player, and seemed to be a great teammate also. Guess he had to go since we have to pay Clarkson now. :shakehead: :facepalm:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Jerod Smalley ‏@JerodNBC4 27s27 seconds ago

"My time in Columbus has been fantastic... We were just snakebitten with injuries." - Wisniewski on #CBJ

MF. FFO sold my soul.

Fallen-Angel.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 5m5 minutes ago

More Wisniewski:"Having my family here for 4 years, having my kids here, having a home here … we have roots here. That’s going to be tough."

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I love Karlsson, he's actually the guy i wanted in the 2nd round of that draft. Glad we took Boone though but glad to have both now. Basically all the kid is lacking is weight but hes been working on it

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
to make matters even worse, Bourque is signed through next year (at 2.5 Mil). How much dead weight can we carry?

Bourque will no doubt be on the roster at least this year. So we'll see.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Can we please get a GM thats actually put together a successful team instead of the training GM's? We have not clue, well, we're getting some clues now, if JK is a good or not. Right now im in the not camp. Sit Bob for the rest of the year and go for the highest draft spot possible

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 5m5 minutes ago

More Wisniewski:"Having my family here for 4 years, having my kids here, having a home here … we have roots here. That’s going to be tough."

Wiz had pinballed around the league, so a big part of him signing somewhere when he got here was he wanted to finally be able to plant some roots down.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Defense is our biggest weakness, and despite Wiz scoring a bit on the PP, it's not a big loss. He's slow, can't skate with the puck, doesn't hold it in at the point, get's caught and leads to odd man rushes and breakaways the other way, turns it over in his own zone constantly, makes too much money...etc.

Good guy, funny, good interview, I'm sure the room loves him. But I won't miss his slow feet and low hockey IQ.

That being said, I wish we would have got a D in return. Hopefully we take a D with our first round pick.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Thinking about the trade, not really getting the "blowing it up" comments. We traded Leopold who barely played and no forwards off the roster. Is losing Wiz actually "blowing it up"? Let's see how the d does with a free agent stay at home guy, a healthy Murray, and maybe Reilly. Forwards are fine, imo; if we stay healthy.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I could see this move if there was a d man, a pp qb, biding his time in Springfield but that is not the case.

Hoping for Reilly is a pipe dream. Trying to sign or trade for a good puckmover in the summer is not a sound managerial practice. Maybe they know something we don't but damn this seems shortsighted.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 2m2 minutes ago

Kekalainen on the Wisniewski deal: "This fits into our long-term plan. It's about the big picture." #CBJ

Losing?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Thinking about the trade, not really getting the "blowing it up" comments. We traded Leopold who barely played and no forwards off the roster. Is losing Wiz actually "blowing it up"? Let's see how the d does with a free agent stay at home guy, a healthy Murray, and maybe Reilly. Forwards are fine, imo; if we stay healthy.

Given the return, I think the Wiz trade counts. We just opened up a huge hole and the most realistic fix could include throwing tons of money at Mike Green. Not an improvement IMO.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I'm not initially thrilled with the return - but obviously was hoping for a #1 pick plus.

That being said we needed to make moves. Not sure this is the right one but...

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Defense is our biggest weakness, and despite Wiz scoring a bit on the PP, it's not a big loss. He's slow, can't skate with the puck, doesn't hold it in at the point, get's caught and leads to odd man rushes and breakaways the other way, turns it over in his own zone constantly, makes too much money...etc.

Good guy, funny, good interview, I'm sure the room loves him. But I won't miss his slow feet and low hockey IQ.

That being said, I wish we would have got a D in return. Hopefully we take a D with our first round pick.

The board contrarian weighs in with his thoughts. smh.

It sure will be easy to replace all those power play points.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 2m2 minutes ago

Kekalainen on the Wisniewski deal: "This fits into our long-term plan. It's about the big picture." #CBJ

Losing?
Well, then, maybe he can explain that plan to us because right now it looks like the plan is to play centers at every position on the ice except the crease. Either that or we're taking a page from Kevin Lowe's playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad