Injury Report: James van Riemsdyk (hes fine, chill!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
This is ridiculous. Can we just PLEASE ice this top 6 for a sustained stretch. Everything is clicking beautifully right now!!

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin

This is one of the most potent top 6 in the league imo.

And Lupes Kuly finally on their proper wings and we are finally done with the Clarkson experiment.

Yes. This is totally ridiculous. It's insane that a person, who is banged up, need a temporary break from doing something that gets them injured.

How about MMA fighters do 3 fights a week now? Those wimps don't need that much of a rest between fights. Money just magically heals all wounds and ailments immediately.

Mar 26, 2010
We need JVR in for every game. He is huge part of the team and top line.

Hopefully he plays against Ottawa.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
JVR has sore feet from a new pair of skates.

Maple Leafs' Van Riemsdyk Dealing With Sore Foot
News: (01/31/14) Van Riemsdyk is dealing with a sore foot thanks to a pair of new skates, but he is not expected to miss any action, David Alter of Sportsnet 590 reports.
Analysis: Van Riemsdyk was held out of practice Friday to rest his foot, but it appears he should be good to go for the Maple Leafs' next game Saturday against the Senators.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I'll be po'd if "jar" gets injured at the Olympics. There is a lot of pressure for him to compete though, both from himself and his country.

Clarkson is head scratchingly bad this season so far. I noticed it in training camp. Just not dictating play..chasing it instead It's all mental though. He has been around long enough to know this is not the norm. I will reserve judgement after a playoff performance. It sounds eerily like waiting for Komarsarek to live up to the contract, he never did. Hoping against hope that he turns on the light.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
It's not only about Clarkson's play itself, although not having a bad skater with no playmaking skill around is certainly addition by subtraction. Not having Clarkson shoehorned onto the second or third line has allowed for much improved line combinations. Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin and Raymond-Holland-Bodie are playing excellent hockey together. It's not just a question of scoring goals, that third line is spending so much more time in the offensive zone.

These lines only came about because Clarkson was injured. In fact you can't really argue that Bodie, an AHL callup, is not providing everything Clarkson did, and perhaps more. He's bigger and he's a better skater.
Hopefully when David Clarkson comes back he simply takes Troy Bodie's spot on that line and Bodie moves down to the 4th line with Jay McClement.

Please.. Please don't mess with the top 6. Please.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully when David Clarkson comes back he simply takes Troy Bodie's spot on that line and Bodie moves down to the 4th line with Jay McClement.

Please.. Please don't mess with the top 6. Please.

I agree. Drop Bodie to the 4th line, bring Orr out of the lineup and add Clarkson to the top 9. Hopefully he can get going after this injury and bring some production and grit to the lineup.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, and figured I'd ask in this thread... anyone hear any further news on JVR's hand?

Good news is he did play a bit after getting hurt, and seeing as USA was getting annihilated by Team Teemu, I'm hoping he left for precautionary reasons, as that entire team looked like they wanted no part of the bronze medal?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/2267/james-van-riemsdyk

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It was the puck to the throat that really gave him discomfort. Hand seems fine from what I saw/heard.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I got worried when I saw this thread pop up. Thankfully the incident in hasn't had any lingering effects.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We can probably close this thread as its a compilation of two different injury situation and JVR seems to be fine.

No need to cause any panic here.

/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad