Injury Report: James van Riemsdyk (hes fine, chill!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 3m
No JVR at Leafs practice; Lupul taking his spot on top line beside Bozak-Kessel

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 1m
Clarkson came out in maroon (injured); has switched to 2nd-line blue & is skating with Kulemin-Kadri

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Looks like JVR is nursing some bumps and bruises, probably resting him because they know he will be skating at the Olympics.

Not too concerned. If there was any major risk, we would probably try and get him to sit out the Olympics

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Not surprising, he left the game a couple minutes early last night. Hopefully he's just resting it for tomorrow.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Looks like JVR is nursing some bumps and bruises, probably resting him because they know he will be skating at the Olympics.

Not too concerned. If there was any major risk, we would probably try and get him to sit out the Olympics

For purely selfish reasons, I do hope that he misses the Olympics

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
He's probably been playing injured for the last couple of games so letting him rest up for next weeks road trip would be a good idea. That being said, it doesn't help him much during the Olympic Break when he's got to go play for Team USA...

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
It was only a matter of time imo. The guy has sacrificed his body all season long and taken a beating in front of the net and along the boards. Hope he heals up soon.

I really wish JVR wasn't going to the Olympics tbh, a rested and healed JVR would be so clutch for the Leafs down the stretch.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
we need him for saturday against ottawa, hopefully he plays...although it probably wont be admitted but i think the hit in boston got the best of him

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
For a guy who battles infront of the net as much as he does I'm sure he constantly deals with aches and pains. There were quite a few Panther players including Kulikov that were hacking and slashing all game.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
He pays quite the price to make a play on a regular basis. Completely understandable that he needs some rest and I would not worry about it.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
It was only a matter of time imo. The guy has sacrificed his body all season long and taken a beating in front of the net and along the boards. Hope he heals up soon.

I really wish JVR wasn't going to the Olympics tbh, a rested and healed JVR would be so clutch for the Leafs down the stretch.
For a younger player like JVR, I think having the experience of playing on a hungry veteran laden team with great talents such as Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Ryan Callahan, David Backes, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Suter, Ryan McDonagh, Jonathan Quick, Ryan Miller..etc..etc as well as his good buddy and linemate, Phil Kessel against extremely competitive teams like Team Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden..etc can only be considered a positive in his overall development as a player.

You want a player to be involved in every big game scenario possible. Aside from arguably the SCF, there really is no bigger stage than the Olympic Games.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
For a younger player like JVR, I think having the experience of playing on a hungry veteran laden team with great talents such as Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Ryan Callahan, David Backes, Joe Pavelski, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Suter, Ryan McDonagh, Jonathan Quick, Ryan Miller..etc..etc as well as his good buddy and linemate, Phil Kessel against extremely competitive teams like Team Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden..etc can only be considered a positive in his overall development as a player.

You want a player to be involved in every big game scenario possible. Aside from arguably the SCF, there really is no bigger stage than the Olympic Games.

When the games count, he can be an absolute DOMINANT force out there. He may not be as skilled as the Kane's and Parise's of the world, but I shudder at the prospect of playing against him when he's in that mode. He can't be contained.

Bluejaysfan*

When the games count, he can be an absolute DOMINANT force out there. He may not be as skilled as the Kane's and Parise's of the world, but I shudder at the prospect of playing against him when he's in that mode. He can't be contained.

I agree, the dude literally becomes a one man wrecking crew when he decides to be physical or get mad. I still remember how his big hit in the Winter Classic lead to the change in momentum which further resulted in him scoring the Leafs first goal. Guy can be a tank whenever he so chooses, and luckily for us, he, Lupul and Gardiner play their absolute best against Boston.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
He's been paying the price for driving the net and going into the dirty areas as of late. Love the guy.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This is ridiculous. Can we just PLEASE ice this top 6 for a sustained stretch. Everything is clicking beautifully right now!!

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin

This is one of the most potent top 6 in the league imo.

And Lupes Kuly finally on their proper wings and we are finally done with the Clarkson experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad