News Article: James Reimer is the Maple Leafs Masterton Nominee

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Watched Zatkoff play a game in the AHL last year. I believe it was LA's affilate. Not sure oif he's still their property of not but yeah, just so you know who he is

Reimer definately gotta be considered the best Goalie of that draft class to date.

You could argue Bernier though, and I'm sure Leafs haters would

Agreed with the poster above, Varlamov should be in the mix. Also I'm sure you will find people arguing Neuvrith as well. May even find some putting Mason above as well :laugh:

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Good for him, Reimer has been an absolute stud. I'm extremely looking forward to some end of season Reimer compilations on youtube

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Good for him, Reimer has been an absolute stud. I'm extremely looking forward to some end of season Reimer compilations on youtube

Just wait until they can add Playoff performance footage. I think he could turn it on to a level we've yet to see from him.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
It'll probably be karlsson this year

It should be a lock for Karlson this year but stranger things have happened. Still a good choice for the Leafs nominee though.

Edit: Karlsson wasn't even nominated?! Is that true? On my phone again and don't have the time to check.

Last edited:

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Watched Zatkoff play a game in the AHL last year. I believe it was LA's affilate. Not sure oif he's still their property of not but yeah, just so you know who he is

Reimer definately gotta be considered the best Goalie of that draft class to date.

You could argue Bernier though, and I'm sure Leafs haters would

Varlamov wins it.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
It should be a lock for Karlson this year but stranger things have happened. Still a good choice for the Leafs nominee though.

Edit: Karlsson wasn't even nominated?! Is that true? On my phone again and don't have the time to check.

Andre Benoit was nominated for the Sens, I think he was nominated before Karlsson returned

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Andre Benoit was nominated for the Sens, I think he was nominated before Karlsson returned

That's a shame. Just goes to show how weird this award is though. The year Jason Blake won over Pisani was the icing on the cake for myself. Yes, he had cancer but it's not like he went through chemo or anything. Pisani missed 75% of the season and nearly lost that amount of his colon. One of these things is not like the other.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
That's a shame. Just goes to show how weird this award is though. The year Jason Blake won over Pisani was the icing on the cake for myself. Yes, he had cancer but it's not like he went through chemo or anything. Pisani missed 75% of the season and nearly lost that amount of his colon. One of these things is not like the other.

The biggest thing was the fact that he had cancer and he was told he had a slim chance at ever having children. Meanwhile; two kids and a hockey career later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad