Player Discussion James “The Real Deal” Neal a Flame! 5 years, 28.75 million.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I will step forward, with your permission. He has them digits coming. He can chill ;) He is moving forward (in his mind).

tenor.gif

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

Neal's contract should only be judged come the season's end. The guy could end up with 9 goals 9 assists but if he carries this team like he has been known to do come 83 on and it was a valuable investment.

The Flames are winning and this whining is just nonsense. As a fan the only thing that should matter is getting the cup. Justin Williams, Lars Eller, Holtby, Guentzel, Matt Cullen, Shaw and Richards are all players that had very under-whelming seasons and then were big parts of Winning the Cup.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Neal's contract should only be judged come the season's end. The guy could end up with 9 goals 9 assists but if he carries this team like he has been known to do come 83 on and it was a valuable investment.

The Flames are winning and this whining is just nonsense. As a fan the only thing that should matter is getting the cup. Justin Williams, Lars Eller, Holtby, Guentzel, Matt Cullen, Shaw and Richards are all players that had very under-whelming seasons and then were big parts of Winning the Cup.
Justin got at least 40 pts. No chance for this lump

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
For what it’s worth I (somewhat) defended Brouwer, because even if he wasn’t worth his contract I at least believed he wasn’t hurting us. I don’t care if he’s shooting or not, Neal is actively hurting this team - 6 million dollar contract and he can’t create offense, can’t play physical and makes egregious defensive errors on a regular basis. I believe he will improve but if he doesn’t this is potentially the worst contract in the league. Even Lucic has more points than Neal

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Think a neal and a pick for kovalchuk would work? Ive been beyond frustrated with his coasting lately, also the dudes got the puck control of an elephant, all the passes bounce off his stick and goes like 5 ft away from him

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Think a neal and a pick for kovalchuk would work? Ive been beyond frustrated with his coasting lately, also the dudes got the puck control of an elephant, all the passes bounce off his stick and goes like 5 ft away from him

I’d do it. Mainly because I think he wants to go back to Mother Russia. Maybe we kick in a Rychel.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Extremely confident are the words. Btw don't get too caried away by Smith- although I am happy for him. If you like Neal, his play, his contract satisfies you- I am happy for you too. He might get some good looks tonight :)
Who said that they liked his play or are happy with it? Are you trying to create a straw man argument to make yourself feel better about the points you've made?
Once again, most of the sensible individuals are able to take his history and extrapolate. One bad season over a decade of play does not make the man. You're defending from a terrible hill or a trench filling with water.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Sure. But why does Pittsburgh do this?
There has been talk of PIT wanting to shed Kessel's contract and shore-up their D. They also were having some cap issues until recently. While Neal wouldn't replace Kessel's scoring he wouldn't be a slouch. Stone is an RD and if your look at PIT's roster they are chalk full of LD's. So since we're talking about a fantasy trade at best, why not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad