Confirmed with Link: Jakub Voracek Signs 8-year/$66M Extension ($8.25AAV)

RR10*

Oh...and VT makes his 7.5 milion this year. We still have Voracek at 4.25 million this year. Guess you are WAY overpaying this year.
Last season:

Tarasenko: $1,750,000
Voracek: $4,250,000.

Tarasenko 43 goals
Voracek 22 goals

Tarasenko +23
Voracek +1

Tarasenko centered by a rookie.
Voracek centered by Giroux.

Last edited by a moderator:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Last season:

Tarasenko 43 goals
Voracek 22 goals

Tarasenko +23
Voracek +1

Goals when comparing to a playmaker? Plus minus, a stat that is never heavily affected by the quality of the whole team? What else do you have there?

Anyway, when this guy has such reputation on his home field (Blues board) as the following post shows, there is little to no reason to believe that he would listen to logical implications anyway:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Last season:

Tarasenko 43 goals
Voracek 22 goals

Tarasenko +23
Voracek +1

Voracek is a playmaker on a non-playoff team. Anything else?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
With Panarin reportedly asking for 6x6, is anyone else having the same thought process as me. Namely that - good as he is - Jake's overpaid?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't think so. Jake had a tough year with the foot injury last year and had problems bouncing back to his normal speed. This year fully healthy he has looked fast and powerful like he did in his contract year. I believe Voracek can put up 75-80 points in this league even more when fully healthy which is the case right now. I honestly think his year last year is overly criticized because of the contract and there isn't enough acknowledgment of the foot injury.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
With Panarin reportedly asking for 6x6, is anyone else having the same thought process as me. Namely that - good as he is - Jake's overpaid?

Panarin only has one season of NHL experience and he's playing on a much better team than the Flyers last season. Voracek is maybe a bit overpaid.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Jake when he got his contract looked like a one man show, he did it all and dominated.

Panarin has a harder argument because he plays on a super talented team, he's probably good all by himself, but you wonder how to argue that. But as stated, he has 1 year of experience.

Jake had his rookie contract, then bridge deal, then showed it and got his mega deal. Panarin is going for his second. There is also how valueable he'll be during it. Johnny Hockey wants 8MM, but he's 23, you pay him 8/8 you get him for the prime. Panarin (will be) 25. Lots of things in play here.

Lets look at it this way, Jake just turned 27, Panarin is turning 25. One has 8 years of experience, one has 1.

Really hard to compare the two.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
We'll see, he is about as quick as anyone in the NHL. He's a solid passer who is the best we have at getting the puck in the zone on a powerplay that's elite. I don't think his stickhandling is particularly good but he is strong, protects the puck, and man can he skate. He very well may be worth the contract in the end, but if not I think the worst case scenario (barring injury) is that we signed a very good player to a great players salary... it could be a lot worse.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We'll see, he is about as quick as anyone in the NHL. He's a solid passer who is the best we have at getting the puck in the zone on a powerplay that's elite. I don't think his stickhandling is particularly good but he is strong, protects the puck, and man can he skate. He very well may be worth the contract in the end, but if not I think the worst case scenario (barring injury) is that we signed a very good player to a great players salary... it could be a lot worse.

And money is all relative, we have to remember, yes his salary seems quite large, but if the cap goes up, plus Hextall offsets the large salaries with low/moderate ones with rookies/2nd year players, it certainly becomes easier to swallow.

Voracek is a terrific player that controls the puck very well, so is Giroux, it's nice we have two of them to split work.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He'd get more than that if it wasn't for the fact that he played with Kane all year.

Voracek also played great in his contract year but he didn't have a linemate who scored 29 more points than him. Panarin had a TON of help in putting up those points.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Panarin is a RFA, and this will be his first non-ELC deal.

The better comparison on Chicago would be Kane or Toews. Or Hossa if you adjust for the fact he got a cap circumventing deal. For ages 30 thru 36, Hossa was getting $7.9m a year, and the first year of that was 09-10 when the salary cap was only $56.8m.

e476633eb239f8eb9ae78f4543c00e0a.png

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/marian-hossa

If you cut off the four phony years at the end, his contract was really 8 years at $7,412,500 under a significantly smaller cap.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
For example, I just built a roster I think very similar to what we'll see next year and Flyers have like 7MM in cap space.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I should add that Hextall has refused to give trade protection to anyone and I think this is resulting in slightly higher cap hits for guys like Voracek and Schenn.

He probably talked Holmgren out of giving MacDonald an NMC, too, since he knew he was already going to be stuck with the NMCs of Hartnell and Vinny.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I should add that Hextall has refused to give trade protection to anyone and I think this is resulting in slightly higher cap hits for guys like Voracek and Schenn.

He probably talked Holmgren out of giving MacDonald an NMC, too, since he knew he was already going to be stuck with the NMCs of Hartnell and Vinny.

I am a fan of this strategy.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Jake got paid what he would've gotten as a free agent after the year he had. I'd be 100% cool with signing Scorabeast as a free agent. Last year was a down year but this year he looks like he did when he put up 80

explosive skating

Jul 5, 2015
On Monday he looked like he was able to score 90 this upcoming season but let's not start suckin' each other's dicks quite yet - that was a one game and it was a preseason game too ;) The contract still looks huge. Nevertheless, Jake will be fine, in the worst case scenario he will be a little bit overpaid. Not a big deal.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I think Jake will have a bif bounce back season. I hope he is seperated from giroux though. He is someone that needs to control the puck to be effectime. Same as giroux. Plus I really think he can elevate coots offensively.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Hopefully with a full season of Ghost and Provorov there will be an increase of points for the whole team. The past few years the offense really had to lug around this team and hopefully that will be completely different this year. If Jake goes to being about a PPG or better his contract will be fine.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

The worst thing with AMac's deal is that is does not decrease over time for his real money owed. So it won't be an easy one to dump as time goes on. Awful.

As for Jake. Yeah...he is overpaid. He should be getting 7.5-8. But we got great value out of him on his last contract when he was underpaid by a few million for a few years. He deserved his money.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cant compare a RFA extension to a UFA extension. Its about that simple.

That said, Jake was coming off an 81 point, 1st team All-Star and was better than Giroux, who makes $8.2 million. So im not surprised he got over $8. I was hoping for $7.5 but no big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad