Confirmed with Link: Jakub Voracek Signs 8-year/$66M Extension ($8.25AAV)

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Tarasenko 43 goals, 37 assists, 80 points, +23
Voracek 22 goals, 59 assists, 81 points, +1

Tarasenko 23 years old, $7.50AAV/8 years
Voracek 26 years old, $8.25AAV/8 years
Why did you include Tarasenko's playoff stats? Oh that's right, you have an agenda

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tarasenko 43 goals, 37 assists, 80 points, +23
Voracek 22 goals, 59 assists, 81 points, +1

Tarasenko 23 years old, $7.50AAV/8 years
Voracek 26 years old, $8.25AAV/8 years

See: Last 3 years

RR10*

ROR is the one contract in that group I can't agree with.
Why would I? Tarasenko is younger and has only played 2 full seasons. It's lame to count his rookie season. If you did the same with Giroux at that age and looked back 3 seasons Tarasenko would beat him. It shows how lame it is to look that way into things. And btw Tarasenko played small minutes years back, like 13-14 mins/game and still produced solid.

Tarasenkos contract is better. It's much easier to produce points in east. Doubt Voracek would have put up 43 goals and 80 pts in the freaking central division, facing Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg day in and day out. You don't have easy competition like Carolina, Columbus, Devils.

RR10*

Another thing, Giroux centers Voracek while Lehtera centers Tarasenko :laugh: not even fair.

Tarasenko would have had great numbers playing with Giroux while I have a hard time seeing Voracek produce that much with the rookie finn Lehtera centering him.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Another thing, Giroux centers Voracek while Lehtera centers Tarasenko :laugh: not even fair.

Tarasenko would have had great numbers playing with Giroux while I have a hard time seeing Voracek produce that much with the rookie finn Lehtera centering him.

and Jaden Schwartz from the Left being backed up by Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo, what do you know about fair :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Why would I? Tarasenko is younger and has only played 2 full seasons. It's lame to count his rookie season. If you did the same with Giroux at that age and looked back 3 seasons Tarasenko would beat him. It shows how lame it is to look that way into things. And btw Tarasenko played small minutes years back, like 13-14 mins/game and still produced solid.

Tarasenkos contract is better. It's much easier to produce points in east. Doubt Voracek would have put up 43 goals and 80 pts in the freaking central division, facing Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg day in and day out. You don't have easy competition like Carolina, Columbus, Devils.

I don't have the slightest idea why this is directed at me

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Because Tarasenko only had 77 regular season games. The 6 playoff games makes it like a full season (also a bit harder in playoffs).

So, do you refer to Giroux's 2012 season as a 107 point season because he only played 77 regular season games and then include the six game series against the Pens where he scored 14 points? (also a bit harder in playoffs)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's much easier to produce points in east. Doubt Voracek would have put up 43 goals and 80 pts in the freaking central division, facing Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg day in and day out. You don't have easy competition like Carolina, Columbus, Devils.

Apart from the fact it is not any easier to produce points in the east... it is a fallacy and there is no evidence to support this in any way, when you average out top players production vs east and west there is no difference, and individually they generally have minimal (ie 0.05 PPG or less difference) variation across their careers.

I mean, look at his stats vs Metro and Central.

Tarasenko career vs Metro: 0.81 PPG
Tarasenko career vs Central: 0.82 PPG

Guess if he played in the Metro he would have ~1 less point a year! ;)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So, do you refer to Giroux's 2012 season as a 107 point season because he only played 77 regular season games and then include the six game series against the Pens where he scored 14 points? (also a bit harder in playoffs)

Let's all try doing that on the main boards and see how it goes. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I wonder how long this myth will persist before people educate themselves?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think ignoring this guy is the best course of action at this point..

RR10*

Nope. 46 pts in 48 games is a short sample. It would probably get worse over 82 games. Why I bring up Tarasenkos 6 playoff games is because they make it a full season (well 83 games).

Last 2 seasons:

Tarasenko 153 games, 127 points, 68 goals :naughty:, 59 assists, +44 :naughty:
Voracek 171 games, 147 points, 47 goals :sarcasm:, 100 assists, +11 :sarcasm:

And I can bet my right hand that Voracek played bigger minutes! Tarasenko only played about 13-14 mins/game before last season and not much on the PP. Add another 5-6 mins/game + PP-time and he'll have 20 more points. Tarasenko got centered by grinder Sobotka and Lehtera while Voracek played with Giroux.

RR10*

Apart from the fact it is not any easier to produce points in the east... it is a fallacy and there is no evidence to support this in any way, when you average out top players production vs east and west there is no difference, and individually they generally have minimal (ie 0.05 PPG or less difference) variation across their careers.

I mean, look at his stats vs Metro and Central.

Tarasenko career vs Metro: 0.81 PPG
Tarasenko career vs Central: 0.82 PPG

Guess if he played in the Metro he would have ~1 less point a year! ;)
Lol career stats for a 23 y old nice one. It's harder to produce against the top central teams day in and day out compared to facing some Metro team now and than. Let Tarasenko get centered by Giroux and play on a daily basis against Carolina, Columbus, Devils, Islanders, Capitals and he would tear them apart. Wonder how Voracek would have produced with Sobotka/Lehtera as his centers playing against Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg all the time. 55 points, 15 goals, 40 assists is what I'd give him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder if he realizes that, in addition to using the idiotic and false "but it's harder to score in the west" argument, that he only named two bad East teams on that little list?

It'd be like me saying it's so much easier to score against Western teams because they get to play against Phoenix, Edmonton, Minnesota, St. Louis, and Colorado.

This guy is an advanced form of clueless. Maybe he's here because he was shunned from the Blues board. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nope. 46 pts in 48 games is a short sample. It would probably get worse over 82 games. Why I bring up Tarasenkos 6 playoff games is because they make it a full season (well 83 games).

Last 2 seasons:

So Voracek outscored him in total points and in points per game over the past two seasons even in you include playoffs, and he was a UFA which is why he got more money. Players don't get paid based on their plus minus stats. :rolleyes:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Lol career stats for a 23 y old nice one. It's harder to produce against the top central teams day in and day out compared to facing some Metro team now and than. Let Tarasenko get centered by Giroux and play on a daily basis against Carolina, Columbus, Devils, Islanders, Capitals and he would tear them apart. Wonder how Voracek would have produced with Sobotka/Lehtera as his centers playing against Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, Minnesota, Colorado, Winnipeg all the time. 55 points, 15 goals, 40 assists is what I'd give him.

So you think it will be productive to throw away hard, known facts because you have some soft assumptions, which you are also unable to prove (oh, sorry, also one hard stat... which has been intentionally made misleading, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night)? Perfect.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

So we should ignore cold hard facts over your fantasies? It is fact that the rates of scoring across a collection of top scorers in the NHL over thousands of combined games have very similar averaged scoring rates vs east and west.

An out of shape, 20 year old Voracek playing 3 minutes less a night, in the middle six (7th most EV TOI amongst CBJ forwards) and 2nd PP unit (6th most PP TOI amongst CBJ forwards), than he now does on a Western Conference Columbus team on a line with 2/3 of Umberger, Brassard and Torres most of the year, and produced at ~that rate... on a Columbus team that had the 3rd least goals in the West and were the 3rd worst team in the league.

So Voracek, 5 years older, twice as fit, and playing on a far better St. Louis team with one of the best puck-moving Ds in the NHL, superior linemates, 1st PP minutes, a potent EV offense and more minutes at EV would not get a boost in production?

Yep... that makes sense.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Last 2 seasons:

And I can bet my right hand that Voracek played bigger minutes! Tarasenko only played about 13-14 mins/game before last season and not much on the PP. Add another 5-6 mins/game + PP-time and he'll have 20 more points. Tarasenko got centered by grinder Sobotka and Lehtera while Voracek played with Giroux.

How hard is it to go look?

VT played over 15 minutes...so not 13/14 like you suggest.

All your stats show is that Voracek got 20 more points in 18 more games. That's all. Everything else you are talking about is guesses. You talk about having Giroux as a linemate. Sure. That helps. But the VT wasn't getting top dmen matching up against him either like Voracek was due to playing on the top line.

And again, what you are 100% ignoring and it makes you look petty, is that Jake was going to be a UFA next summer whereas VT was a RFA. Big difference.

Oh...and VT makes his 7.5 milion this year. We still have Voracek at 4.25 million this year. Guess you are WAY overpaying this year.

RR10*

So we should ignore cold hard facts over your fantasies? It is fact that the rates of scoring across a collection of top scorers in the NHL over thousands of combined games have very similar averaged scoring rates vs east and west.

An out of shape, 20 year old Voracek playing 3 minutes less a night, in the middle six (7th most EV TOI amongst CBJ forwards) and 2nd PP unit (6th most PP TOI amongst CBJ forwards), than he now does on a Western Conference Columbus team on a line with 2/3 of Umberger, Brassard and Torres most of the year, and produced at ~that rate... on a Columbus team that had the 3rd least goals in the West and were the 3rd worst team in the league.

So Voracek, 5 years older, twice as fit, and playing on a far better St. Louis team with one of the best puck-moving Ds in the NHL, superior linemates, 1st PP minutes, a potent EV offense and more minutes at EV would not get a boost in production?

Yep... that makes sense.
Tarasenko didn't play regularly on the PP until last season. He was centered by freaking Sobotka often playing on the 2nd and 3rd line with 14 mins/game. Last season he was centered by a rookie and on the toughest division and still managed to do better numbers than Voracek. I don't care about Voraceks 1 more point, he got brutally outscored with 43 goals against Voraceks 22 and a +23 compared to Voraceks +1. That's not even close. He did all that with $1,750,000 :) compared to Voraceks $4,250,000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad