Jakub Voracek has 31 points his last 31 games

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
And I should clarify I'm not just talking about reading about Flyers players or Flyers related threads.

I see the same garbage in threads of all teams posted by fans of tons of different teams. It's not just the fans of Flyers rivals.

It's hard to tell what percentage is troll-ish posting and what percentage is people being honest and shortsighted, but either way it should stop.

I just gave up and was weak lol, I conceded defeat that it would never stop, and that it was very widespread. I get entertainment now.

As bad as it is, when a player is a prospect, it's a whole new level. Some times the only players talked about reasonably are players who have been playing for a smaller franchise for their whole careers... and they aren't talked about often.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
That's where you're wrong. The more goals you score in a single game the less they are worth. When you score three goals each goal becomes worth .4 goals, but 4 goals in a single game brings down the value to .3 goals. Pacioretty actually scored the same amount of goals as Schenn today, which we all know is 1.2, rounded to 1.

Lol, church. You gots it.

Schenn scored 3 goals today but lost 2-1 apparently.

The Flyers would not have won without Schenn scoring 3 goals. That's about the easiest way to debunk that monstrosity of a post.

You're right. Status: debunked.

I literally never know what the **** you are going on about. Lol.

Lol. There's a ~10-20% of the time exception I'm sure. Salute.

Oh this thread.

qVbUArb.gif

Lol, I like you too. :handclap:

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
That's like saying the flyers don't have two assets combined that gm can get mcdonagh. It's not true. Mcdonagh can obviously get voracek and value wise is closer to giroux. Voracek is playing great and his contract is neither a steal nor a burden. I don't think he's a ppg player but see him as a consistent 70 pts per 82 games type of guy. Star player but not a superstar like giroux is for the flyers.

McDonaugh would not get Voracek and his value is nowhere near Giroux. Hell I dont even think he could return Simmonds on his contract. But his value is higher than any other Flyer. Wouldn't trade Provorov for him though

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
It skews the sample/distribution though. Points are worth less when scored in the same game, unless you are on a consecutive point streak of at least 5+ games with at least a point. Voracek has points in 4 straight, so he needs at least a point in his next game or else those 8 count for less. This way, you can have a GOAT like Kane have a legitimate 100 point season potentially. If he gets enough points consistently, then it legitimizes and gives full value to his multi-point games, you feel me?

For example, Schenn scored a hat trick today. That is 3 goals, but all in the same game. So they are worth 0.4 goals each, so actually Schenn scored 1.2 goals today, round to 1 goal.

Secondary assists are only worth .5 assists, and of course, 4 pts in one game (not counting secondaries decrease) actually amounts to 1.6 round to 2P. So that's 4 points in 2 games, not bad. Today's game, he had one secondary assist, so that brings his points to 1.5P, round back up to 2. Against Edmonton he also got 1 secondary, so 4 in 2 is retained. Good for him. If he had one more secondary, he would've only had 3 pts in 2 games.

Of course, the official "stats" include such silly metrics as assists are all equal and if you score 5 goals in a game, you scored 5 goals, but we all know that's not right.

Laine for example went multiple games without goals, but he had two hat tricks. It skews his total and makes him look better than he was. He's actually not that good at scoring, just in single games spread out. That is caused by his play style.

EDIT:
Players exceeding a certain corsi to points ratio, like Kopitar, are exempt from this categorization.

In summation: Pump the brakes, he is a decent player, but he is paid so, so much. Scary.

I'm here like :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad