Jakub Voracek has 31 points his last 31 games

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
At this time of the year last season, he was leading the Art Ross race :laugh:
It's not really fair to judge a pass first player with the amount of goals he scores. If he gets 10 goals but 65 or 70 assists, it's still very good.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
now thats what I call regression to the mean

Yes and no.

From what I've seen, he's still playing okay and flat out dominating shifts at times.
Problem is, his scoring touch has disappeared and the Flyers do need him on the board if they want to make a playoff run.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I havent saw him much this year but I'm really surprised by this. His playing style from when I have seen him Is he plays at a fast pace and gets tons of chances. He sure picked the right time to have a career year though.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Voracek is a strange case indeed. He's still a great puck possession player and gets quite a few chances, but he can't put the puck in the net to save his life. He doesn't have a great shot, and I think that's hurting him more than anything right now.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
That 8 year, $66 million contract is looking real nice right about now!

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched him play. Right now he has a laughably unsustainable shooting percentage and he's also being misused by Hakstol by being with two 4th liners in Vandevelde and Bellemare.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Spoken like someone who hasn't watched him play. Right now he has a laughably unsustainable shooting percentage and he's also being misused by Hakstol by being with two 4th liners in Vandevelde and Bellemare.

Let's be honest, how many games did he have on Giroux's wing before being moved with Vandevelde and Bellemare?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Wasn't there a thread about this the other day/week?

Either way, it's crazy when you look at it purely on face value...

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Honestly, to me Voracek has never been the type of player who is a consistent PPG player. First i thought the 12-13 season was a fluke, but then after last year started to wonder if he really has taken the final step forward. Can't say i would've been very confident in that contract though.

Now this year he starts off just like what i was expecting from him before he almost proved me wrong.

Voracek is a great player, good set of tools but not the best toolbox. He's not a pure goalscorer but often often tries to be. His style of play and good skill level will always get him a good amount of assists but the guy is never going to be anything more than a 20 goalscorer. And he's not a wizard passer like one of the best guys in the NHL so his assist totals will be heavily influenced by the team's offensive success.

At least his contract isn't Bryz or Vinny bad. I just want to see the Flyers finally get rid of all the dead weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad