Value of: Jakob Chychrun

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wondering what it would take to get him out of Arizona. I believe the kid is an absolute stud a is already a solid top 4 defenseman, if not top 2.
Consider he is the Coyotes best Dman at 22, signed to a great value contract long term, and is one of only 3 D with a contract after the season.

I am very curious what you think would be a fair offer.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Consider he is the Coyotes best Dman at 22, signed to a great value contract long term, and is one of only 3 D with a contract after the season.

I am very curious what you think would be a fair offer.

1. Top 10 1st rd pick
2. Young, high upside LHD
3. Organizational top 5 prospect
4. Prospect with middle6 or middle pairing upside
5. A contract ARZ is looking to dump going the other way.

I could only see it being an option IF the Coyotes miss the playoffs and decide they need to load up on young talent.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Chych would only be moved for a player of similar or grater talent at center I would imagine. With OEL out ~4 weeks, he's our best LD by a WIDE margin, getting him would take 2 arms and a leg.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
1. Top 10 1st rd pick

I could only see it being an option IF the Coyotes miss the playoffs and decide they need to load up on young talent.
chychrun is a young talent. probably their best.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
1. Top 10 1st rd pick

Wait all of that???

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wondering what it would take to get him out of Arizona. I believe the kid is an absolute stud a is already a solid top 4 defenseman, if not top 2.
You pretty much answered why the Coyotes will likely NOT trade him.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It sucks, because he'd be a Red Wing right now if Datsyuk hadn't screwed us over by walking away from the team to the KHL. But then again no Cholowski or Hronek either. Though don't really care about Cholowski but like Hronek very much.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
All three of these defensemen have expiring contracts at the end of this season: Hjalmarsson, Goligoski, and Demers. It's possible that they're all at the end of their careers, much less getting re-signed here. I'd consider only two players on the team untouchable, and they're Chychrun and Conor Garland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad