Rumor: Jakob Chychrun wants to be traded to a playoff team

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Here is the exact quote: "Jakob Chychrun admits he took the Coyotes up on an offer of trying to be traded so he could play for a team that could compete for a playoff spot, rather than endure the rebuild. That obviously did not happen but that is still his wish."

Chychrun wants to be traded to a team that could compete for a playoff spot. That's probably about 25 NHL teams.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Have to think the main reason he's not already a Canuck at this point, is that Vancouver just doesn't have anything of interest to Yotes management, that they can realistically offer. If he's healthy, he'd certainly fill a need. Cost controlled for at least a little while longer. Obviously the asking price is just...beyond the realm of what Vancouver has available.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hmmmmm I'd rather just stay put living in Scottsdale making millions than chase my dream of winning a Cup lol

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

This is a little alarming, no? Not sure how big of a package I’d give up in a trade.

I figure any team trading for Chychrun is going to put a condition based on games played. Something like if he plays more than X the team adds a 2nd rounder.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He said playoff team
I think they are on an excellent path. Add another very good defenseman and some luck and I think they are a bubble team if the Atlantic can place 5 teams into the playoffs like the Central has previously.

Goaltending scares me a bit, but that goes for half the league lately

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I think they are on an excellent path. Add another very good defenseman and some luck and I think they are a bubble team if the Atlantic can place 5 teams into the playoffs like the Central has previously.

Goaltending scares me a bit, but that goes for half the league lately
Except the metro still has 5 teams that might make the playoffs and the Atlantic might only have 3. Dont see OTT better than the isles, rangers, pens, caps or carolina. Thats also assuming Toronto, Florida and Tampa are the top 3. Not even including Boston which could be better than last year too. There should be more parity and they should be better I am just not sure its good enough to be in a playoff spot but injuries do happen so that could change things. Rangers lose Shesty or Toronto losing matthews could change things I guess.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The 1st is to move Barrie, so it’s Holloway for Chychrun? Wooof for Arizona

Don’t be ridiculous

He’s heading into his 7th season. Last season was the first in which he wasn’t exceedingly impressive. At least to those of us who actually watch him pay and actually understand the context of his environment.

Chychrun is a good case study in ignorant fans who love to bluff but have no idea what they’re talking about. There is no shortage of online Chychrun experts who’ve never seen him play and know less than nothing about the Coyotes.

Replace Holloway with Bourgault and I don’t think it’s that far off.

That was what I had in mind too. Holloway is almost a non starter at this point, but Bourgault might be doable.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Don’t be ridiculous

That was what I had in mind too. Holloway is almost a non starter at this point, but Bourgault might be doable.
Bourgault, ‘23 1st and Foegele would be pretty close for me.

Turned off after the 20 seconds combo of "um", "you know" and "I think".
I take it this is the first interview with an NHL player you’ve ever attempted to watch? Or do you turn all of them off after 20 seconds?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN could do it, depending on what ARI wants in return, but another LHD seems redundant. I am guessing that ARI is asking for too much, or he would've been traded already.

If ARI is not prepared to take back salary, then that eliminates a lot of teams right off the bat. At least forces a wait till the TDL, when teams can take on cap more easily.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Don’t be ridiculous

Barrie is a cap dump, you’ll need a sweetener to drop him, no different than Vancouver will need to add for Arizona to take a cap dump

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
He's not even medically cleared to shoot a puck at the moment. There are probably several reasons why he hasn't been traded yet.
Yup.

Why is this thread a thing?

He has had two more surgeries, which makes it five total surgeries in his career, so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad