Rumor: Jakob Chychrun wants to be traded to a playoff team

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wow he sounds like he’s sick and tired of the Coyotes. Don’t blame him. If he can stay healthy I’m sure his game will turn up a good few notches playing on a team that’s actually a competitive team rather than the embarrassment that the coyotes are.

Reactions: BHD and Jrtu

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Yeah, so the Senators
abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
For Chychrun, I'm sure he'd take playoff team or Sens. (won't comment on if Sens are playoff or not)

He spent most of the summer at White Lake, about 40 minutes from Kanata, and with grandma who lives in Arnprior, 20 minutes from Kanata. He has let it know through back channels (Methot) that he'd love to be traded to his "home" team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
AZ should move him sooner rather than later. He’s locked into a contract and has made some money. Not one of these other kids trying to secure their future in the nhl. This constant tanking may get to him and get this hurt his on ice play.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
If Lundkvist got a mid-round 1st+ I don't even want to think about what the asking price on Chych would be. So, my guess is BA keeps him around until a team gets overly aggressive at the deadline -- like FLA was last year but decided to go with Chiarot / Giroux rentals instead (?!?!?!?). FLA should've given us what they gave up for those two guys, they would've had a young, future top pair for multiple years at under 5m

Reactions: BHD

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Risky risky player in regards to long history of injuries that date back to Junior days.

Hahah but if Nils Lundqvist can get a 1st, im sure someone will overpay for JC.
Chychrun should be worth more than 2x what Lundqvist got. So a 1st, an A prospect and another pick / prospect seems fitting.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The only thing that we can be certain of is that the Canes will be interested, but will be the one of the last two teams that don't get him.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm a Sens fan so obviously I would like to see a trade to Ottawa happen but even going back and looking at it from a outside perspective it makes a lot of sense for both sides.

Sens have been discussing Chychrun for a while, as reported by the most trustable sources in Ottawa media. Sens have been actively shopping for a defensemen.

Arizona is one of the only teams that could take Zaitsev as part of a deal like that. Ultimately it would improve the return for them as well.

Sens have the picks and prospects to make it happen and they really need another top 4 guy.

Chychrun already spends his summers in the Ottawa area and his family is here. iIRC Methot discussed with him at the possibility of coming to Ottawa and he was very open to the idea (discussed on WAM podcast).

Sens are finally on the upswing, Chychrun could be a major part of their playoff aspirations going forward and he would be more appropriately slotted on defense with Chabot and Sanderson already here. Taking some pressure off of him needing to be the guy.

I think we see it happen sooner than later. Arizona is playing the long game to see if teams get desperate but Chychrun wants to go. Sens are also doing the same thing, saying they're comfortable to start the season with what they have. We've seen this in the past where teams talk about waiting for the right offer and end up trading the player before the season starts or very early in the season. This is out in the open now. Very awkward to have players actively wanting to get traded on your team. If Arizona waits 10 or so games into the season they could get better offers from teams with poor starts but again don't see this dragging for very long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad