Rumor: Jakob Chychrun wants to be traded to a playoff team

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think if the return is picks. The return can still be picks. I don't think AZ can all of a sudden demand Jiricek but they may be more willing because of Jiricek to include Ceulemons as the D prospect.
I think if we apply the formula that Marek and Friedman have been harping on for more than 9 months now, we can say that Bean+Ceulemans+’23 1st meets the criteria just about perfectly.

CBJ likely has to add Nyquist for salary reasons. Which is probably ok because Bemstrom and Foudy are no longer wingers exempt. Bean makes sense because Chychrun is basically taking his job. Ceulemans makes sense because he’s Columbus’ 3rd best D prospect at this point, but would be AZ’s #1. And the 1st is a no-brainer. Obviously any deal with Chychrun had to include one.

Eh it was probably more to the media. Everyone knows Chychrun wants to play meaningful hockey and Columbus didnt do that last year but obviously you dont add Gaudreau and not drastically improve your outlook. I dont think you can be that petty in this buisness. If a trade makes sense in Jarmo's eyes I doubt he'd hesitate to make the deal. Just leave Ceulemans name out of it :laugh:
Which of Mateychuk or Jiricek would you rather include, if Ceulemans is off the table?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think if we apply the formula that Marek and Friedman have been harping on for more than 9 months now, we can say that Bean+Ceulemans+’23 1st meets the criteria just about perfectly.

CBJ likely has to add Nyquist for salary reasons. Which is probably ok because Bemstrom and Foudy are no longer wingers exempt. Bean makes sense because Chychrun is basically taking his job. Ceulemans makes sense because he’s Columbus’ 3rd best D prospect at this point, but would be AZ’s #1. And the 1st is a no-brainer. Obviously any deal with Chychrun had to include one.

Which of Mateychuk or Jiricek would you rather include, if Ceulemans is off the table?
Honestly if any deal includes Jiricek/Mateychuk/Ceulemans I hope they just walk away.
Also if a deal includes Bean or Boqvist, Nyquist does not need to be included for cap reasons

rt

May 13, 2004
Honestly if any deal includes Jiricek/Mateychuk/Ceulemans I hope they just walk away.
Also if a deal includes Bean or Boqvist, Nyquist does not need to be included for cap reasons
Arizona might be willing to accept a deal without Ceulemans/Mateychuk if it includes an additional 1st. So, one in ‘23 and one in ‘24.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Arizona might be willing to accept a deal without Ceulemans/Mateychuk if it includes an additional 1st. So, one in ‘23 and one in ‘24.
The one in 23 for sure. AZ could push that 2nd pick out a few years given how many picks they have.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Edm fans are forced to accept their Blueline, not because they're wanting to be happy with it.

Keith retiring left a massive hole on their team. At many times last season he was their #1 dman.

Hawks fans live with no regrets. They were a dynasty and just about won 3 straight cups. They hit the jackpot drafting both Toews and Kane and they got 3 cups from it. Every team has to rebuild eventually.
Fake news.
EDM fans know Oilers are good enough to cruise into playoffs with this D and don't see a need to gut the prospect pool for someone like Chychrun...
Wouldn't trade much more than Broberg straight up for the guy.
Keith was good on many nights but so was Russell. Oilers have a system now where they can just plug n play bodies on D and don't need individual heroics from Defense.

Time to give Neimelainen and Broberg a chance on D. We need cheap D on ELC and maybe a rental in the mold of Ryan Murray at deadline

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Two Questions:

1) Is the trade proposal below fair?
2) Assuming the trade proposal below is accepted, do the Canucks automatically become contender?

To Arizona: 1st, Lekkerimaki, Hoglander, Rathbone, Poolman, and Ferland
To Canucks: Jacob Chychrun

Kuzemko-Pettersson-Podkolzin
Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Horvat-Mikheyev
Dickinson-Lazar-Joshua

Chychrun-Hughes
OEL-Myers
Dermott-Schenn

Demko
Martin

Perhaps I'm being biased but I think the above line-up would very likely be amongst the Top 8.

Reactions: byrath

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Two Questions:

2) Assuming the trade proposal below is accepted, do the Canucks automatically become contender?

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Horvat-Mikheyev
Dickinson-Lazar-Joshua

Chychrun-Hughes
OEL-Myers
Dermott-Schenn

Demko
Martin

Perhaps I'm being biased but I think the above line-up would very likely be amongst the Top 8.
Without knowing the prospects, I would say that is too many contracts

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Two Questions:

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Horvat-Mikheyev
Dickinson-Lazar-Joshua

Chychrun-Hughes
OEL-Myers
Dermott-Schenn

Demko
Martin

1) I think the Coyotes accept the offer. The small wingers aren't consistent with what the Coyotes are trying to build, but the value matches the ask.

2)No, not in my opinion.

Reactions: Ruthervin

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Two Questions:

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Garland-Horvat-Mikheyev
Dickinson-Lazar-Joshua

Chychrun-Hughes
OEL-Myers
Dermott-Schenn

Demko
Martin

a) Ferland is not insured, so that's $2.75m in dead cash to AZ
b) Poolman has no value to AZ, he's basically $8.25m in dead cash. I'd normally discount this by $1m/season, but with 3 years remaining and AZ having no interest I'm valuing him at $8.5m dead cash. Suggesting AZ could retain on Poolman and move him doesn't make sense as salary retention slots are limited.

So that starts this proposal off with AZ effectively taking on $8-11m in dead cash.

If I'm Arizona I want two 1st round picks worth of value simply for taking on Ferland and Poolman for future considerations.

Is the rest of the package of 1st, Lekkerimaki, Hoglander, Rathbone worth Chychrun and two 1sts?

Reactions: Ruthervin

rt

May 13, 2004
a) Ferland is not insured, so that's $2.75m in dead cash to AZ
b) Poolman has no value to AZ, he's basically $8.25m in dead cash. I'd normally discount this by $1m/season, but with 3 years remaining and AZ having no interest I'm valuing him at $8.5m dead cash. Suggesting AZ could retain on Poolman and move him doesn't make sense as salary retention slots are limited.

So that starts this proposal off with AZ effectively taking on $8-11m in dead cash.

If I'm Arizona I want two 1st round picks worth of value simply for taking on Ferland and Poolman for future considerations.

Is the rest of the package of 1st, Lekkerimaki, Hoglander, Rathbone worth Chychrun and two 1sts?
I’d accept that if I were the Yotes.

Reactions: jmelm

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I'm going to say he'd prefer Toronto, Florida, Colorado, Tampa, Edmonton, maybe Calgary.

Teams like that teams in the top 5-10
To be fair to him, he likely just wants a team moving in the right direction not called Arizona.

He’d probably love going to Ottawa or Detroit just as much as a lot of actual playoffs teams from last year. There could be a lot worse places he could end up than playing with those young bluelines.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Best case scenario is he goes to the Leafs. A playoff team, but he'll only have to work 2 more weeks than normal

• Haha
Reactions: FSL KINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad