Value of: Jake Virtanen

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
Bear and a late pick from Edmonton. Bear looks NHL ready this year. Bottom pairing and 2nd PP unit likely for this season with room to grow into a 2nd pairing kinda guy.

Edmonton sees if Virtanen sticks with any of their centers.
Not interested in trading Bear unless it's a proven upgrade

lawrence

May 19, 2012
will probably be seeking a player for player type trade, example will be something like Ho sang for Virtanen, not Ho sang but another struggling young player on another team looking for a change of scenery. I'm a huge Virtanen supporter people know that, but even I am getting tired of him. not disliking him for the lack of offence, we kinda knew that that is an unlikely scenerio and a good 3rd line checker but he is not even that, and Todd Bertuzzi said it best, maybe him playing in his home town has placed too much pressure on him.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Bear and a late pick from Edmonton. Bear looks NHL ready this year. Bottom pairing and 2nd PP unit likely for this season with room to grow into a 2nd pairing kinda guy.

Edmonton sees if Virtanen sticks with any of their centers.

Right shot D is actually a bigger hole on Edmonton's roster.

Larsson (career dying)
Persson (NHL rookie)
Benning (ugh)
Bear (AHL-up)
Bouchard (AHL)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We won't get a player or asset back that would fullfil what Virtanen does (once every ten games) for our roster by the looks of things.

I'm happy keeping him as a 4th liner or spare forward.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Sheary is a streaky goalscorer, 30 pts or more three years in a row. Could add a minor pick as well. You will at least get a 3rd for Sheary at the trade deadline. Maybe more with his playoff experience and if he has a good year.

Buffalo has a coach that actually communicates with his players now, Virtanen could be good on our bottom 6.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Virtanen is not what he was drafted to be, but he’s still a 15 goal 3rd line who skates like the wind and throws his weight around. He was also only 22 years old last season, I think he can improve from there. He’s also a hometown kid.

I just don’t see much incentive in moving him unless it’s in a package for a legit player. A player for player swap may be okay, but I don’t think this is a case where it brings us much value.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
The Canucks have a glut of forwards. What they don’t need is NHL level contracts in return. It should be a waiver exempt player or a pick. Unless someone is willing to take Jake as the sweetener in a deal where Canucks dump a bad contract on someone else.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
The Canucks have a glut of forwards. What they don’t need is NHL level contracts in return. It should be a waiver exempt player or a pick. Unless someone is willing to take Jake as the sweetener in a deal where Canucks dump a bad contract on someone else.

Jim Benning trades don't involve picks unless he's the one giving them away.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Sheary is a streaky goalscorer, 30 pts or more three years in a row. Could add a minor pick as well. You will at least get a 3rd for Sheary at the trade deadline. Maybe more with his playoff experience and if he has a good year.

Buffalo has a coach that actually communicates with his players now, Virtanen could be good on our bottom 6.

Seems like the Buffalo Sabres would be a good fit for Virtanen to succeed as the Sabres are lacking some size/grit in the forward group and Tage Thompson is a bit of an unknown to make it or not, while JV is more of a proven commodity and is at an age to come around now, especially with a much needed change of scenery away from the home town spotlight.

But the Canucks don't want or need another forward coming back, we have a surplus as depth as it is, a puck rusher dman is needed more - like a scoring RD an upgrade over Stecher.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Seems like the Buffalo Sabres would be a good fit for Virtanen to succeed as the Sabres are lacking some size/grit in the forward group and Tage Thompson is a bit of an unknown to make it or not, while JV is more of a proven commodity and is at an age to come around now, especially with a much needed change of scenery away from the home town spotlight.

But the Canucks don't want or need another forward coming back, we have a surplus as depth as it is, a puck rusher dman is needed more - like a scoring RD an upgrade over Stecher.
Sabres have an abundance of d, some good ones but while I think virtanen is a fit it’s kind of hard to figure out a balanced deal.

Ristolainen, Pilut, Gilmour, Montour, Jokiharju, Miller, Dahlin are all good puck movers.

Our crappy ones:
Scandella looks a lot better after surgery but not like the top 4 guy he was.
Bogosian is always injured, Buffalo should be able to retain salary at least.
Nelson is an option if you want a decent depth guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad