Rumor: Jake Virtanen Trade Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
We have 0 or 1 (Schmidt) defenders to protect for the expansion draft and should be scouting the absolute living f**k out of other NHL teams to find two other trade targets who teams can’t protect to build our blueline for next year.

However, I think Benning has decided on Schmidt-Myers-Juolevi as his protected group and that’s pretty much final. Similar to when we comically protected Granlund and Gudbranson when the entire roster that took Vegas to the Finals the next year was available.

Same with the forward group..scout teams like St L , TB with depth and protection issues. We only have 4 forwards that really must be protected

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If there is one player that needs a change of scenery and tough love, it's Virtanen.

All I can remember in the games between us was.......a couple of plays. That's kind of sad because I was focusing on him....and nada.

I still would take him on the Hab's but the return for you guys would be something like a 4th or 5th. It's may turn it around inside a much more structured system and new teamates.....or more likely...fade into AHLer obscurity.

The kid is stupidly drownings his career.....

Reactions: HockeyWooot

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I find it interesting but a bit frustrating that last season Jake scored at a decent clip in limited minutes but had terrible two way and play driving value, but in 8 or so games since he was moved up the lineup this season he has cleaned up the details of his game quite a bit, plays against tougher competition and has one of the best expected GF%'s on the team but doesn't have the production to match. Maybe that is a smallish sample but he just can't seem to do two things at once.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Best Virtanen game as a Canuck = game 5 vs St Louis Blues. He got placed with Pettersson and Miller to spark the line, and they score 2 points in the 3rd period to tie the game.

His stats look terrible but Green’s doing Virtanen a favour trying to turn him into a two-way winger. He’s the closest thing to a spark plug in the bottom 6 that we have.

Last edited:

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I have no confidence in Benning to make any trade that considers the long term plan of the Canucks....

Likely they won’t qualify him when he’s contract runs out and he walks for free.

hope I’m wrong

Reactions: B-rock

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I have no confidence in Benning to make any trade that considers the long term plan of the Canucks....

Likely they won’t qualify him when he’s contract runs out and he walks for free.

hope I’m wrong

And I don't think many would ultimately care. If they can get anything for him at this point, you take it, but I doubt many are chomping at the bit to get this guy on their roster.

Reactions: Nucker42

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Since the mods unnecessarily closed the relevant Virtanen threads, I’ll put this update here

“In his filed response, Virtanen “denies that the plaintiff expressed any indication, verbal or physical, that she did not want to engage in any sexual activity.”
Adding, “the plaintiff, through her words and conduct indicated that she consented to the sexual activity that occurred.”

Vancouver Canucks player responds to lawsuit alleging sexual misconduct - Vancouver Is Awesome

Reactions: IslandBeast

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He’s being bought out unless they get the investigation done before the buyout window to show he voided his contract

so most likely it is
50k then $500k cap hits over the next 2 seasons

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Definitely for a Costco hotdog with sauerkraut and mustard and onions and jalepenos and melted medium cheddar.

Reactions: LordBacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad