Value of: Jake Virtanen to Det.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Chlorowski never understood why the wings went off track with their normal player development. He went to St Cloud St for a year then signed an elc and played in the whl at 19? Seemed to get to the nhl faster than how the wings like to have their prospects marinate in Grand Rapids.
never understood it, either.
every since he got in the "dog house" and was benched versus van when his family was in town to see him, he's never really recovered since most of that way.

he was by far one of their better players the first quarter of that year.. then, rails off, Blash never did shit with him since.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
every since he got in the "dog house" and was benched versus van when his family was in town to see him, he's never really recovered since most of that way.

he was by far one of their better players the first quarter of that year.. then, rails off, Blash never did shit with him since.

Far better offensively. Defensively he was not so great.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I just recall at the draft that Chloworski and his family talked about education, so I expected him to do at least 2 years at St. Cloud St. So, something must have changed during his freshman year where he felt it was better to leave school. Which is fine, as the WHL is also a good option. But, I figured he would have played the 18-19 season entirely in the AHL. Detroit, historically under Holland wouldn't call up a highly rated prospect from the AHL unless they were never going to return to the AHL. They had to be ready to succeed in the NHL when they arrived. That's the puzzling thing with how they handled Chloworski.

Does he, similar to Jake, need a change of scenery from the team that drafted them and the coach that they appear to be in the doghouse with? Both players would require protection in the ED.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Would love this kid in a wings uniform, is there a package deal that could be worked out? Curious what Vancouver would be looking for in exchange for Virtanen. Seems like the kind of player Yzerman would roll the dice on.

Why, do you want another Brendan Perlini on our team?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What do we need to add to get a 2nd for Virtanen?

A better 2nd round pick than the one we already own. The guy has 1 goal in 15 games, and only 36 as a career high, doubt any team is giving up much more than another struggling youngster.

Not sure why any of the Wings fans in this thread are interested in giving up anything for this guy. Fabbri is a better player, and all St. Louis got was Jacob de la Rose.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Are there any other 24 year old NHL R shot wingers with 20 goals/season, available for Virtanen.

On Detroit? LOL

05-06 is the last time Wings had a RH player of any age or position that actually scored 20. Raymond most likely will be the next to do so.

JV's handedness is the only reason why I have just the slightest interest. Wings have enough reclaimation projects as is right now.

Best offer from me is Svechnikov for JV straight up.

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
On Detroit? LOL

05-06 is the last time Wings had a RH player of any age or position that actually scored 20. Raymond most likely will be the next to do so.

JV's handedness is the only reason why I have just the slightest interest. Wings have enough reclaimation projects as is right now.

Best offer from me is Svechnikov for JV straight up.
pointless for Vancouver to trade for a worse 24 year old

Reactions: Cogburn

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
A better 2nd round pick than the one we already own. The guy has 1 goal in 15 games, and only 36 as a career high, doubt any team is giving up much more than another struggling youngster.

Not sure why any of the Wings fans in this thread are interested in giving up anything for this guy. Fabbri is a better player, and all St. Louis got was Jacob de la Rose.
This just isn't accurate. I understand that he's fallen out of favor with Canuck fans and that he hasn't lived up to his draft position, but he's coming off a shortened season where he had 18 goals. Fabbri has injured when traded and had averaged 40 games played for the previous 2 seasons. Read the stat page and make more uneducated posts with poor arguments made out of context, that seems like a good way to go.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
Honestly I'd take Stecher back for Virtanen. No idea why Virtanen was signed but not him in the first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad