Jake Virtanen Part IX: Cheerful...WANTS TO MURDER YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I know he's not having a great tourney, but confidence is a pretty major thing for athletes. Really sad to see everyone turning on him and labelling a bust, maybe if this city had better fans our players wouldn't crack under pressure so much.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I know he's not having a great tourney, but confidence is a pretty major thing for athletes. Really sad to see everyone turning on him and labelling a bust, maybe if this city had better fans our players wouldn't crack under pressure so much.

I don't think people are labeling him a bust, but his development since the draft is disappointing. Apparently Jake will be a better player if we are "better fans"? Not seeing the logical connection there. Does that mean if we goto the game holding " we love jake" sign he'll score more? :help::laugh:

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't think people are labeling him a bust, but his development since the draft is disappointing. Apparently Jake will be a better player if we are "better fans"? Not seeing the logical connection there. Does that mean if we goto the game holding " we love jake" sign he'll score more? :help::laugh:

No but we have a history of chasing away our best players by being ****** whiny fans who rioted twice in less then 20 years. In my opinion turning on a 19 year old hometown kid just months into his NHL career is very similar, and if you read through the last few pages of this thread the word bust is thrown around a fair bit. If the internet existed during the 80s I bet this is what people would have been saying about Cam Neely.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
No but we have a history of chasing away our best players by being ****** whiny fans who rioted twice in less then 20 years. In my opinion turning on a 19 year old hometown kid just months into his NHL career is very similar, and if you read through the last few pages of this thread the word bust is thrown around a fair bit. If the internet existed during the 80s I bet this is what people would have been saying about Cam Neely.

Well I feel if this team had a better management team that didn't run young players like Jake into the ground development wise they would be better.

The excuse of he is only 19 means nothing when talking about development. There are certain things players his age should be doing. He is not doing them, and it started before the fans said anything.

I feel good fans understand this.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well I feel if this team had a better management team that didn't run young players like Jake into the ground development wise they would be better.

The excuse of he is only 19 means nothing when talking about development. There are certain things players his age should be doing. He is not doing them, and it started before the fans said anything.

I feel good fans understand this.

Well we used to complain about the organization not giving our youngsters a chance and then got our way with Bo last year so we all thought it'd work perfectly with Jake and Jared. So it's tough to blame management for a decision that 95% of us would have agreed with 3 months ago. Can't argue with the 2nd part of your post, I understand he's not at a level he should be right now, but I think a lot of that is a lack of confidence!

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

You must have been a big fan of the "7th man" gimmick. if only the fans were better, it would have worked.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006

I dont think anyone is wishing Virtanen to play bad. He's a canucks prospect and I want him to do well. But since he's been drafted he's done nothing to justify where we took him. Sorry but I'm not biased and I hate making excuses for players. If he plays well I'll be the first to say so if he doesn't then I'll say he hasn't. Now obviously there's time for him to turn it around and labeling him a bust at 19 is stupid but you can't say your not concerned with what you've seen so far.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Well we used to complain about the organization not giving our youngsters a chance and then got our way with Bo last year so we all thought it'd work perfectly with Jake and Jared. So it's tough to blame management for a decision that 95% of us would have agreed with 3 months ago. Can't argue with the 2nd part of your post, I understand he's not at a level he should be right now, but I think a lot of that is a lack of confidence!

You obviously were not here last season or at the begging of this season, either way every prospect must be treated differently. Do you feel it is helping Bo with how we are currently treating him? Even before Sutter got hurt Bo was getting much tougher assignments and defensive zone starts.

There is a huge difference between giving guys a shot, and running them down, it's also not linear. You have to be adaptive.

Also team objectives are different.

As Ali just said no one here wishes Jake to bust. However sticking your head in the sand is also just as dumb when discussing how he is doing.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
He has no hockey sense .. he makes Booth look like a genius

I do not want to see his face around Rodgers Arena this year - The Plane needs to stop in Calgary and that is it for him..... not to be seen again till Penticton and the young stars tournament ....

Jake

This is the World Juniors

This is Canada

This is not good enough not be a long shot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VanMelaner14

Tan the Man
Jun 16, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
He has no hockey sense .. he makes Booth look like a genius

I do not want to see his face around Rodgers Arena this year - The Plane needs to stop in Calgary and that is it for him..... not to be seen again till Penticton and the young stars tournament ....

Jake

This is the World Juniors

This is Canada

This is not good enough not be a long shot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 9:42 am bud, relax

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Can't possibly see how Canucks management watched this tournament and brings Virt back to the big club.
Worse than the worst case scenario has happened, Virt is a net negative to the team and needs to hang out in Calgary for awhile.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I have been a fan of the Canucks since I was 7 I am now 40

This Franchise has been cursed since day one

Virtanen has embarrassed himself .. simply dumb ... it is depressing being a Canuck Fan sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad