Jake next alternate?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Been waiting years for Voracek to be named an alternate captain.
Speculation on Streit's replacement A?

IIRC in the past Jake has worn an 'A'... probably was before Hak became Coach. I fully expected Jake to be named when Streit was injured but it appears that Hak doesn't believe in handing out temporary Letters,and also doesn't like to have more than the allotted three... Some coaches have had a Home and Away 'A', or even a rotation where multiple 'A's would serve in various Games.

Personally I had believed that when Mark went out and the Flyers were not playing well, Hak felt that no Player deserved to be rewarded -- this may actually be before the current Season... I'm not certain -- no player earned the Letter... But now I'm just thinking that Hak has his Captain and two Alternates each Season and does not adjust that to make sure there are always three when there are extended absences with one.

To answer your question; I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no replacement this Season... But if there is, I fully agree that Jake should get the nod, and deserves it... BUT... I also wouldn't be surprised if Coots is selected... or if Hak decides to name one from the Back-End, and maybe selects Goudas or possibly AMac... which would be very interesting with Forum responses, I'm sure.

JMO

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
In the future Ghost and Provorov would be candidates. But for now it should be Voracek.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Voracek is a good fit. I'd like the idea of having one dman as a A. No real reasoning, just seemed to be a unwritten rule in minor hockey growing up.

Other options
Guads
Couts
Provy

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Simmer is the on ice A anyways, if it does go to Amac bcuz the way he handles himself on and off the ice then so be it.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
In the future Ghost and Provorov would be candidates. But for now it should be Voracek.

I can see this with Ghost and Provo.

FWIW: One of the well respected pundits -- Meltzer?? Morganti?? -- who I honestly can't place recently said that Konecny is an outstanding leader who will probably someday down the road become a Captain.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I have a feeling MacDonald will get it. Seriously.

Exactly.

I wasn't kidding when I said McDonald above...can just feel it in my bones.

I assume they want a D to get it. I can't imagine they'd give it to Provorov or Ghost, and Gudas...just doesn't fit him, IMO (but what do I know).

I really think McDonald is the guy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If its MacDonald over Jake, im going to the next game, scaling the glass behind the bench, and kicking Hak in the balls.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can we give it to Hakstol instead?

Need to give it to a real leader like Lappy first. Bring back Rinaldo too.

I actually saw a guy tweet Sam today & say Simmonds, Bellemare, & Provorov are the only players on the team that care. I gotta say though surprisingly not even many of the Neanderthals are happy with Bellemare being back at that price.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Need to give it to a real leader like Lappy first. Bring back Rinaldo too.

I actually saw a guy tweet Sam today & say Simmonds, Bellemare, & Provorov are the only players on the team that care. I gotta say though surprisingly not even many of the Neanderthals are happy with Bellemare being back at that price.

The second someone starts with the "only ones who care" crap I immediately think of...

This team has one player with heart remaldo. That's it

— Flyers Facebook (@FlyersFacebook) October 16, 2013

It's such a lazy analysis that's never actually true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad