Value of: Jake Middleton

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Id do Lysell plus a pick for Middleton. Wild need speed and a RHS. Eventually you have to see what you have in Lambos, O’Rourke, Hunt and Peart.

I can’t see Guerin moving Middleton though. He’s a Billy G guy through and through and I expect he will get a player-friendly retirement contract eventually like every MN veteran.
Yeh I saw Lysell again last night v Hershey and he’s freaking good

Pass

Embarrassing asking for that and picks

I

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Yeh I saw Lysell again last night v Hershey and he’s freaking good

Pass

Embarrassing asking for that and picks
I could’ve said the same thing about his WJC performance. Or should I say non-performance.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I could’ve said the same thing about his WJC performance. Or should I say non-performance.
Fail

Be better

That was 14 months ago

throw in Yurov and it’s a deal - I was looking at his stats in KHL last season and putrid

• Haha
Reactions: MK9 and MNRube

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Fail

Be better

That was 14 months ago

throw in Yurov and it’s a deal - I was looking at his stats in KHL last season and putrid
Yurov is scoring at a historic rate in the KHL whilst learning to play C. Any prospect fan knows that is a league that is notoriously stingy with young players

Lysell isn’t even in same stratosphere as a prospect.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Middleton, 2024 6th for Grizz, Beecher and 2025 1st.
Grizz is a cap dump. Minnesota isn’t going to accept a 2025 1st as they are still trying to win.

Highly doubt Guerin is trading Middleton anyway. Our gm isn’t into small players like grizz and min is already bad at D while trying to still win with kaprizov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not bad, not good. Unlike some others who post on here, i understand that Grizz is included to shed salary in order to make the deal happen, not so much to provide on ice value(even though he has been a decent player and is just going through a bad stretch). He can fill in on D for the remainder of the season for the Wild.

If i was convinced that Beecher could be a NHL regular then I might go for it(I'm not), but I think that MN can do better than (probably) a really late 2025 1st. Not much better, but better.

I kind of wonder if teams looking for a Middleton type on the cheap might be better off just going for Seeler. He's not as good as Middleton, but will cost quite a bit less, and will provide some physicality and defense.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yurov is scoring at a historic rate in the KHL whilst learning to play C. Any prospect fan knows that is a league that is notoriously stingy with young players

Lysell isn’t even in same stratosphere as a prospect.

Both are 20. One is 17th in scoring in the AHL and one is 19th in the KHL. I would argue that right now the AHL is a better league given the shrinking amount of non Russians in the KHL.

The positional difference obviously matters, but I think you are a little off in your calibration here. Not about Yurov, but of Lysell.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Both are 20. One is 17th in scoring in the AHL and one is 19th in the KHL. I would argue that right now the AHL is a better league given the shrinking amount of non Russians in the KHL.

The positional difference obviously matters, but I think you are a little off in your calibration here. Not about Yurov, but of Lysell.
Yeah, you’re probably right. I’m not one of the people who think the AHL is equal to KHL, but I probably was overzealous in saying they are in different stratospheres.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Not bad, not good. Unlike some others who post on here, i understand that Grizz is included to shed salary in order to make the deal happen, not so much to provide on ice value(even though he has been a decent player and is just going through a bad stretch). He can fill in on D for the remainder of the season for the Wild.

If i was convinced that Beecher could be a NHL regular then I might go for it(I'm not), but I think that MN can do better than (probably) a really late 2025 1st. Not much better, but better.

I kind of wonder if teams looking for a Middleton type on the cheap might be better off just going for Seeler. He's not as good as Middleton, but will cost quite a bit less, and will provide some physicality and defense.
As a Bruins fan Beecher will be a very good 4th line C. Great on face offs big and can really skate. He would be able to play 3rd line min if need be. We need to win now.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Beecher’s upside is limited because of his offense. But he is the best faceoff guy the Bruins have in Boston or Providence, he is big, and he very good speed. He would be on the team now, but they are in a position where they don’t have the $$$ to call up Beecher, Merkulov or Lysell. Only the guys making 775-800k. Is what it is.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Now lets me make a stupid offer, my turn.......Gryz for Duhaime and Middleton 30% retained, did I make you laugh or pissed, I know I even threw up in my mouth, and made the proposal.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If the Bruins are really serious about Hanafin in the offseason, I’d consider moving Lohrei with something else for Middleton and Duhaime, we’d need to dump salary though. Lohrei is pretty young, and more of a guaranteed thing than a later draft pick.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pens offer Pickering for Middleton straight up.

Probably an overpay, but the Pens could use an LHD with Middleton's profile to play on the 2nd pair for the next couple years with a lower cap hit.

Would allow them to move on from Graves, who hasn't been a good fit.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Now lets me make a stupid offer, my turn.......Gryz for Duhaime and Middleton 30% retained, did I make you laugh or pissed, I know I even threw up in my mouth, and made the proposal.
Homer

Same dude who was traded for Kahkonen+5th two years ago is now supposedly worth a 1st+? That's quite the (unlikely) glowup. Good luck with that.
Ya watch him play. he is better now. Some player do get better with age and experience.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If the Bruins are really serious about Hanafin in the offseason, I’d consider moving Lohrei with something else for Middleton and Duhaime, we’d need to dump salary though. Lohrei is pretty young, and more of a guaranteed thing than a later draft pick.

I think assuming Hanifin makes it to UFA is delusional.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

We talkin about the same Lysell who's actually 21, drafted in 2021, as opposed to Yurov who's actually 20, drafted in 2022?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yes from me

+Beecher replaces Duhaime on the fourth line next year
+Chance of the 2025 1st being actually being slightly higher than 30

I would expect a 1st or a 2nd and a good prospect, so 1st+okay prospect beats that, and there's an easy path to see Beecher contributing as soon as next year

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00