Value of: Jake Middleton

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd hang onto him. He just turned 28, and will probably be pretty effective at what he does for the 5 years or so.

Our young LDs aren't exactly impressing either.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One interesting fact about about Middleton. He goes completely nude under his pads- he says he "runs hot". Dumba commented about having the stall beside him, "It gets pretty rough."

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
How about an all in one package to the AVS?
Screenshot_20240209-220902.png

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I'd be okay with Middleton + Fleury(50%) + 24 2nd for Ryjo + Ritchie + 24 1st. Don't think Guerin would be though. RyJo's negative value offset by the pick swap, the 2 players for Ritchie.
Uhh, wouldn't be sending 2 1sts for Middleton+flower

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Uhh, wouldn't be sending 2 1sts for Middleton+flower

Fair, though the pick swap should be a high 20s for a early-mid 40s, but I can agree that Ritchie is more than the difference in value relative to adding your 25 1st to that deal. Fleury's value hasn't changed from what we paid Chicago a couple years ago IMO and Middleton isn't worth moving unless something useful is coming back.

Lets just swap center mistakes from this past offseason, Ryjo for Freddy Gaudreau?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Should've already started the moment the Parise and Suter buyouts happened
Good luck selling that to a team that has Kaprizov, JEE, Brodin & Spurgeon. It’s not an elite core, but it’s proven to be tank-proof even with 20% of their cap wasted on buyouts.

Now we are adding Faber, Yurov, Rossi, Boldy, Wallstedt and others and we will see where we are at in a year or two. Was always going to be the Avs division for this era anyways. 🤷‍♂️

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Good luck selling that to a team that has Kaprizov, JEE, Brodin & Spurgeon. It’s not an elite core, but it’s proven to be tank-proof even with 20% of their cap wasted on buyouts.

Now we are adding Faber, Yurov, Rossi, Boldy, Wallstedt and others and we will see where we are at in a year or two. Was always going to be the Avs division for this era anyways. 🤷‍♂️
Outside perspective but that 7 year deal to spurgeon and boldy were definitely choices and 5 and extension to zucc. The only good deal on the team is JEE.

Although I think we definitely chose toews over Byram, we'll have to see what that costs us.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
i dont see how the wild break the cycle of mediocrity without a proper rebuild.
Better drafting.

Outside perspective but that 7 year deal to spurgeon and boldy were definitely choices and 5 and extension to zucc. The only good deal on the team is JEE.

Although I think we definitely chose toews over Byram, we'll have to see what that costs us.
Spurgeon was pre-Covid and Boldy's is fine. Eriksson Ek's is better than good.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Boldy deal is not bad at all. Agree on Spurgeon though.

Rossi & Faber look like future difference makers and Yurov is scoring at Kaprizov rates in the KHL. Plenty of depth pieces coming as well.

Wild would be in the mix this year like they always were except they’ve had an insurmountable amount of injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad