Player Discussion Jake McCabe

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Myself, I think its time to move on from Keefe and I don't entirely blame him for most of our shortcomings but personnel does matter. Keefe was the same coach last year when we were one of the top defensive teams in the league. I don't think it's a coincidence that Tre brings in a bunch of players who are defensive liabilities after losing responsible players, that all of a sudden we become a poor defensive team.

Having said that, we've also got Giordano who should not be an NHL regular anymore, Brodie's game has completely fallen off a cliff and Sammy playing the worst stretch of hockey in his career to start the year.with all these things taken into consideration, would a different coach really make that much of an impact on this group? I'm not so sure. If anything, maybe a guy like Berube would get more effort out of these guys but I'm not sure about getting these to play with better overall structure.
They’ll listen to Berube he’s a former player I’m sure he can get thru to them I saw Willy and Keefe get into on the bench that’s a very telling sign that never happens if Willy’s tired of him that’s saying something the guys cooler than the other side of the pillow he hangs his hat on marner and Matthews he caters to them that needs a shake up if your third line isn’t going change it if your second line isn’t going change it but he much rather make sure M&M are happy which should cost him his job robertson has proven he can score yet he’s not in your top 6 jt is getting older all signs point to a decreased 5 on 5 role cause he hasn’t produced 5 on 5 yet he won’t domi 5 on 5 per/60 numbers are much better yet he won’t increase his role Brodie can’t play his off wing as good yet you glue him to rielly on his off wing get rid of this guy already

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Kyle Dubas put his job in Toronto on the line, going all-in during the final season of his contract in hopes of finally making a playoff breakthrough. The Leafs' former general manager unloaded a bevy of assets to acquire Ryan O'Reilly, Noel Acciari, Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, Erik Gustafsson, and Luke Schenn in four separate trades to supplement a 111-point roster

McCabe is the only guy left !

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’ve changed my mind on him a lot over the course of this season.

After we acquired him at the deadline last year, I liked his physicality and stay-at-home style, but wasn’t fully sold on his overall impact, thought he was a bit of a “jack of all trades, master of none.” Liked him in the series against Tampa, was very physical and generally solid, but I thought he had a pretty poor series against Florida, where he really struggled against their forecheck.

Then I soured on him a lot more early this season. I thought he had a real rough start … but in retrospect he was doing his best while paired with an absolutely massive liability of a D partner in Klingberg. I started to change my mind when I went through replays of all the goals against he was on for, and while he made some mistakes, mostly he was just constantly put into bad positions trying to cover for Klingberg. He’s been a solid 2nd pairing dman since being paired with anyone else - physical, reliable defensively, and seems to have taken a step forward in terms of his offence and puck moving too. He’s a good dman on a terrific value contract.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad