Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Re-watching the game right now. In the first period alone the Leafs had two scoring chances, including Nylander's goal, off Evans' lost faceoffs in the defensive zone. He also failed to identify his check on a Leafs counterattack, ended up positioned in the same spot as Lehkonen, covering nobody. The Leafs were able to isolate Edmundson in front of the net in a 3 vs. 1 situation. Luckily, Edmundson broke up a cross crease pass with his stick.

Those are the kind of things that will determine if he's going to be a regular NHL player.

Especially a 4th line C

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I think it's easier to ease into the NHL on the wing than at center.

I don't know why we didn't sign Derrick Brassard.

Definitely! winger has a lot less to be concerned about.
DB would have been a solid choice,stop gap anyways.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Evans has always been great at FO's, but the NHL is clearly a level he's got to adjust to. Either he will or he won't, the good news is that he doesn't need waivers so if he struggles then he can work in Laval. Last year he had a really good camp but was sent down and looked like shit, it took Bouchard making him a healthy scratch that ended up not happening due to an injury or illness i forget but he played that night and scored and went on to be a ppg the rest of the season.

He's older but he's got the pro experience of a 3rd year CHLer like Fleury, splitting time between the NHL and AHL won't be bad as long as he doesn't get down on himself and continues to work hard.

Habidelidoo

Aug 3, 2005
So each day spent on the taxi squad, Evans loses 6000 $ on his paycheck, yikes. I hope his teammates pay his lunch on the road...

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
So each day spent on the taxi squad, Evans loses 6000 $ on his paycheck, yikes. I hope his teammates pay his lunch on the road...
He still makes his AHL salary, which doesn't change much from the last few years... But yeah I agree, kinda sucks lol but as a fringe NHL player for now, he shouldn't expect anything else

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
How does that work?

Think of it as your bill at the restaurant, coming from some chequing account with X amount of money. They go to the restaurant the same number of times as there is calendar days in the season. Each day is a bill, paid off using your chequing account. On game days you'll eat up to your max bill. On rest days you'll order less but still enough to fill you up, and save money as a result. As time passes, you'll see a few new options on the menu that you can throw on your order/bill as an extra. So some days towards the end, you have the option to eat a LOT. But you need to keep saving over time by eating a little less on rest days.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
What struck me in this game (besides how slow Edmundson looked) was how the Leafs worked Evans.

Evans is a fourth line NHL player. They must at least be neutral when on the ice. A center like Evans must win his critical draws or it's game over for him. It allows the Habs to at least start with control of the puck.
He gets on the ice very little and if he's a liability like that he wont be playing long. That's life as a fourth line player.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What struck me in this game (besides how slow Edmundson looked) was how the Leafs worked Evans.

Evans is a fourth line NHL player. They must at least be neutral when on the ice. A center like Evans must win his critical draws or it's game over for him. It allows the Habs to at least start with control of the puck.
He gets on the ice very little and if he's a liability like that he wont be playing long. That's life as a fourth line player.
He's essentialy a rookie, growing pains are going to happen, he's one of the smartest on the team, he's going to learn like a sponge, taking him off the ice because 6 draws on 7 is a great way to stifle his progession.

Reactions: MasterD

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He's essentialy a rookie, growing pains are going to happen, he's one of the smartest on the team, he's going to learn like a sponge, taking him off the ice because 6 draws on 7 is a great way to stifle his progession.
he's an older "rookie" with plenty of experience. With the shortened season there will be no room for "growing pains". Besides he's a fourth line scrub. Easily replaced.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He did better in the FO and was active on the ice, scored a goal, for sure it was a great game for him.

I really want to see him succeed I think he has the tools to do it.

From everything I've seen, he just may have some offense at the NHL level (40 - 50 pts)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's smart, he's a great learner, I don't think he'll get to 50 points but I can see him carving himself a decent career as a solid bottom-six center.

I would only see him getting up there points wise if he played 3rd line on the wing with two good offensive players (for example like Toffoli and KK, hint hint Claude).

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He reminds me a lot of a poor man’s Brian Skrudland. Both very intelligent, defense first Centermen, that could chip in offensively at key times. I think if he’s given the opportunity to succeed, he’ll be a mainstay on the club for awhile as either the fourth line or possibly third line Center some day. Really high on the kid.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Yeah Liked Evans today.. the guy is a NHLer no doubt. he could become something.. every year he adds something to his game he seems to be a late bloomer. not saying he will be a top 6 player but I can see him being a kinda Byron... really useful players to have can play some offense can play defense.. smart players underated hands.. could be a great 3th liner. that can fill temporaly a top 6 role in the nhl on day. patience pays off. he is a proof.

Reactions: angusyoung

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I would only see him getting up there points wise if he played 3rd line on the wing with two good offensive players (for example like Toffoli and KK, hint hint Claude).

It's a whole another discussion to be honest.

This type of spread hockey where you roll your lines helps your GM at the end of the day to sign players at under market price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot