Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He just learned the game the hard way in Juniors, coupled with the exposure to pros he got from his father.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The Athletic published eight letters from NHL dads to their sons. Louie wrote to Jake.

Awwww. :)

"Dear Son . . ." Letters from NHL fathers

Jake,
I often find myself smiling when I think of you. It happens anywhere, and it happens a lot. It amazes me how much you have grown in the last few years, both as a young man and as a hockey player.
“You have spent years following me to the rink and now I follow you!”​
I couldn’t be more proud hearing from others how kind and friendly you are when they meet you off of the ice. You really can have an influence on people’s lives, and I am happy that you understand that.
You have spent years following me to the rink and now I follow you!
I love watching you on the ice living out your dream. Your determination, passion and love for the game shine through. Keep cele’ing hard!
Love,
Dad
P.S. I still think I can beat you in a race. Lol.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Would LOVE to see this guy bag 30 goals in the future. I dunno if that's being too optimistic, but the future's bright with him in the top 6.

The second line is better because of him, period.

Reactions: JOKER 192

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Fluto said he's the start of the asking price for Hanifin and if that is true, laugh for 5 min and then hang up. You have internal options that are probably better than Hanifin in the long run anyway.

No one is untradeable/untouchable but he has to be just under Pastrnak and McAvoy. He still has 2 years left on his ELC since it slid his 1st year in the AHL. And he demonstrated that he shows up in the playoffs by tying Pasta and Bergy for team lead in goals with 6 including the game 7 against Toronto when he grabbed the B on his jersey as he headed to the bench celebration. I fully expect him to hit 30 goals a couple of times in his career. He'll also be key in the playoffs when the Bruins win their next cup.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
"The Bruins are loaded with prospects…"

I read this delusion on the board every other year or so; and it never, Ever, EVER works out that way. Never.

The ONLY prospect who has even a chance of ever becoming anybody in the NHL is McAvoy…maybe.

You guys are funny.

What a stupid post. Thanks for the laughs.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Debrusk is almost untouchable. I wouldn’t trade Debrusk for Hanifin 1 for 1.
Agreed. You don't draft someone like DeBrusk,watch him have an outstanding rookie season, be a force in the playoffs, show all signs of being a very gritty player, then trade him. Maybe his rookie season was a freak thing, but I don't think it was. He started off a bit slow, but once he figured out the pace and nature of the NHL game he took off. His regular season was good -- 40 points in 70 games, with a hard physical style. His post season was very very good for a rookie -- 6 goals in 12 games (31.6% shot pct), but it was his defense, hustle, and keeping the puck in the Ozone that were really awesome. He was the best player on the second line in the playoffs and carried it. His linemates had a cap hit of $15 mil plus, yet DeBrusk was the most effective overall player of the three, and as a rookie. Everything I saw from this kid tells me he has the makings of being an excellent top 6 forward whose ceiling is yet unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad