Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Jake is one of the most complete players on the team, a guy that shines in big games.

Need to find away to keep him or maybe they already have
When he's engaged and playing consistently, I agree but his lack of consistency needs to be addressed if he's going to remain in Boston. There is no reason why he can't play this way all season long.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When he's engaged and playing consistently, I agree but his lack of consistency needs to be addressed if he's going to remain in Boston. There is no reason why he can't play this way all season long.

Maybe he's just not that dude. 20-25 goals in the regular season but turns it up for the post season I'm ok with. I think if he sticks around, expectations need to be adjusted of what to expect from him. But if that's the case, his salary needs to also be adjusted for this and that inconsistency should cost him on his contract.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe he's just not that dude. 20-25 goals in the regular season but turns it up for the post season I'm ok with. I think if he sticks around, expectations need to be adjusted of what to expect from him. But if that's the case, his salary needs to also be adjusted for this and that inconsistency should cost him on his contract.

If he brings it with consistency in the playoffs, then he can be typical "here I am, there I go" Jake for the regular season. He's had three solid games vs the Leafs. Let's see if he can keep it up. If so, he should be back and get paid. Not the silly money some were suggesting at one point, but like a top 6 player who is not a superstar, all-star, or line-driver.

Reactions: NDiesel

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If he brings it with consistency in the playoffs, then he can be typical "here I am, there I go" Jake for the regular season. He's had three solid games vs the Leafs. Let's see if he can keep it up. If so, he should be back and get paid. Not the silly money some were suggesting at one point, but like a top 6 player who is not a superstar, all-star, or line-driver.

Reilly Smith is very similar with inconsistency from year to year, similar PPG ( .60 to .57 ) and has had a few good playoff runs where he's stepped up. He signed a multi year deal in 2022 at the age of 31 worth 5 mill per year.

Given Jake's age, the cap going up, and his current contract, I think he's going to fall in the 5.5-6 range if he's looking for fair market value.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
It's aggravating to see just how good Debrusk can play. When he is on like this, you look foolish to stand on the side of letting him walk. When he goes through one of those cold spells during the regular season, you would be foolish advocating for him on a long-term deal.

At the end of the day, I don't think the Bruins can jeopardize losing a talent like him. Looking at the offenses of all these other playoff teams and they're at best somewhere in the middle of the pack. You have a 35 year old Marchand and maybe Lysell as a top six talent that can break in a year or two....theres not much else in the system

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's aggravating to see just how good Debrusk can play. When he is on like this, you look foolish to stand on the side of letting him walk. When he goes through one of those cold spells during the regular season, you would be foolish advocating for him on a long-term deal.

At the end of the day, I don't think the Bruins can jeopardize losing a talent like him. Looking at the offenses of all these other playoff teams and they're at best somewhere in the middle of the pack. You have a 35 year old Marchand and maybe Lysell as a top six talent that can break in a year or two....theres not much else in the system

I mean if Jake Guentzel wants to come here and you need DeBrusk’s salary to do it, fine. But if you are gonna go grab a different 5 million dollar guy, rather the devil you know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad