Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I think it was his second season, I commented on his shot, and that he'd score 30.
Then covid and Cassidy happened.
He has a great shot, and I still think he'll get 30 this season.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Would anyone trade him for Barzal straight up? The only factor for me is our need for a center going forward.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Is debrusk likely to stay off the top line for the rest of the season?
with Krejci in the lineup he almost certainly puts Pasta back with him for balance. Right now with Krejci out he has just been trying to get more out of Marchand & Bergeron I think.

With that said, Monty will do whatever works and will change quickly if necessary. If Zacha and Debrusk keep showing insane chemistry together they could become a permanent pairing.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
He is playing so well. So much fun to watch. I love how much he has started playing the body. Players are going to have to start respecting the likelihood of a physical hit when Jake is forechecking. Go Jake Go!!

Reactions: Mione134

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Would anyone trade him for Barzal straight up? The only factor for me is our need for a center going forward.
Probably a little biased but never been a massive fan of Barzal. He's very one-dimensional, albeit very good offensively, but he needs to be sheltered too much for a top 6 C. I'd keep Debrusk in a vacuum....obviously as we need a C I probably do the trade.

Reactions: Kegs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Probably a little biased but never been a massive fan of Barzal. He's very one-dimensional, albeit very good offensively, but he needs to be sheltered too much for a top 6 C. I'd keep Debrusk in a vacuum....obviously as we need a C I probably do the trade.
I would never make that trade, even before Barzal signed that albatross of a contract

Reactions: Kegs and NDiesel

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

DeBrusk’s shootout goal Tuesday came after he picked the puck up at center ice, took seven quick strides to get to the top of the left circle, and pulled to a shooting position. With the puck loaded and gliding left to right, he was a threat to shoot or deke. Like Pastrnak, his change of pace keeps befuddling goalies.

“I think over the last couple years, I’ve made fun of [Jeremy Swayman] when I’ve beaten him,” DeBrusk said. “They now know my moves. I think it’s more so that they kind of talk to me about the speed that I’m coming with. It’s hard to read if it’s a shot, deke, or if I’m going to slow down. You can kind of decipher it both ways. Some guys come in like [the Washington Capitals’ Evgeny] Kuznetsov, very, very slow. It just kind of brings another element. You try and get out a little bit wide. I missed my other one — I think it hit the post last time I tried. So I went back to old faithful. Thankfully, it went in.”

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Don't look now, but Jake DeBrusk is currently 2nd on the team for goals and points, behind only Pasta. He's on pace for 34 goals and 70 points.

In his last 82 games, DeBrusk has 31 goals and 57 points, with the PPG needle trending up.

If this continues, I think he will easily command a 7 mill contract.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Don't look now, but Jake DeBrusk is currently 2nd on the team for goals and points, behind only Pasta. He's on pace for 34 goals and 70 points.

In his last 82 games, DeBrusk has 31 goals and 57 points, with the PPG needle trending up.

Sweeney should lock him up now if he can. I think he's a core member of this group.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sweeney should lock him up now if he can.

He can't

With the way the team is constructed today and taking just this season into account, no I wouldn't trade JDB for Barzal. Barzal is a play driver who is pass first, pass second, shoot 3rd. I think this Bruins roster needs JDBs style more than Barzals this season. If we had no Krejci maybe it's a different discussion. But cap wise Boston couldn't afford it anyway

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He can't

With the way the team is constructed today and taking just this season into account, no I wouldn't trade JDB for Barzal. Barzal is a play driver who is pass first, pass second, shoot 3rd. I think this Bruins roster needs JDBs style more than Barzals this season. If we had no Krejci maybe it's a different discussion. But cap wise Boston couldn't afford it anyway

??

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

48 points in 59 games since they bumped him up to the top line last year in late february

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I would not touch Barzal.... he is a one way player....which for a center ain't what is needed except for a really exceptionel player which I don't think Barzal is. Right now, I take JDB over Barzal any day of the week, 52 weeks a year.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad