Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Cassidy helped develop Marchand and he lets Pasta do his thing most nights…both were already here.

He has not developed one forward.

is it the drafting or the coaching?

Lou is the suggestion here that if Cassidy did a better job nurturing and developing DeBrusk then maybe DeBrusk would give more effort on a regular basis?

I'm not challenging the suggestion that Cassidy or management may not excel at player development, but I'm not sure Jake DeBrusk is the best case example to bring up. The kid refuses to be a pro on a regular basis, and for that he deserves little sympathy IMO.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Lou is the suggestion here that if Cassidy did a better job nurturing and developing DeBrusk then maybe DeBrusk would give more effort on a regular basis?

I'm not challenging the suggestion that Cassidy or management may not excel at player development, but I'm not sure Jake DeBrusk is the best case example to bring up. The kid refuses to be a pro on a regular basis, and for that he deserves little sympathy IMO.

My concern is Cassidy failed to develop some key forward potentials in Heinen, Bjork, Donato, Cehlarik, Debrusk, Vatrano, and Senyshyn. Possibly Studnicka/Freddy next (ty ONS)

Yes most of this is on Don but that is a long list of young forwards going out the door. And when you have some recent players expressing concern and wanting trades maybe just maybe this is on Cassidy.

My guess is Cassidy is very close to chop block.

Reactions: Buck Smith

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Cassidy needs to go pure and simple and if Sweeney is making coaching decisions he can go as well.

Nothing wrong with a re-boot after all the good years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad