Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
The bruins are just so bad at asset management. It speaks to don sweeney’s failure, a lack of vision between Bruce and don, or most likely, a bit of both. You have almost $10 million worth of players not playing in Moore, Wagner, JDB, and Haula alone.
You knew what you had in Debrusk. Personally I don’t think he’s been that bad this year, especially considering he’s been flanking wet paper bag Haula and a mix match of who’s who at LW. But regardless, if he’s not your guy, trade him. Before multiple benchings completely depleting a once promising young player.
And I know this is a Debrusk thread but same thing with Stud. The kid has nothing left to prove in the minors. We need a second line center now. Staple him next to hall for 20 games for better or worse and figure out what you have. Or decide he’s not your guy and trade him now. Same thing with Vakk. Sheesh. Only problem now is you don’t have the cap room to bring on any significant piece thanks in part to that previously mentioned $10 Mil sitting on the bench or in the minors and our soon to be 3rd string goalie. Rant over

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Fine, then DeBrusk can sit in the press box until Sweeney can make the best possible deal. If that means until this season is over, so be it. Somehow I don't think that will go down well with DeBrusk or his agent. Too f***ing bad.

Like @Alicat said, leaking this was a dick move by DeBrusk's agent. He and his client should suffer consequences for it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The bruins are just so bad at asset management. It speaks to don sweeney’s failure, a lack of vision between Bruce and don, or most likely, a bit of both. You have almost $10 million worth of players not playing in Moore, Wagner, JDB, and Haula alone.
You knew what you had in Debrusk. Personally I don’t think he’s been that bad this year, especially considering he’s been flanking wet paper bag Haula and a mix match of who’s who at LW. But regardless, if he’s not your guy, trade him. Before multiple benchings completely depleting a once promising young player.
And I know this is a Debrusk thread but same thing with Stud. The kid has nothing left to prove in the minors. We need a second line center now. Staple him next to hall for 20 games for better or worse and figure out what you have. Or decide he’s not your guy and trade him now. Same thing with Vakk. Sheesh. Only problem now is you don’t have the cap room to bring on any significant piece thanks in part to that previously mentioned $10 Mil sitting on the bench or in the minors and our soon to be 3rd string goalie. Rant over

Great post

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Anyone got any players in mind to swap for DeBrusk to banty about?

Edit: A couple names that come to mind for me are Kailer Yamamoto of Edmonton, Kirby Dach from Chicago, and Tomas Hertl from San Jose.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Anyone got any players in mind to swap for DeBrusk to banty about?

Edit: A couple names that come to mind for me are Kailer Yamamoto of Edmonton, Kirby Dach from Chicago, and Tomas Hertl from San Jose.
Strome and Yamamoto seem like the most likely candidates. Not exactly a fan of either player but that’s how far DeBrusk’s value has dropped.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
@LSCII
“Getting benched this year fors shit that happened last year is total bullshit and f*** Cassidy if he's too much of a coward to call out Pasta, Smith, Coyle, and Hall, so he uses JDB as an example instead. Jake sucked last year, but he's been one of the better forwards with his consistency in play game to game comparatively. His getting benched after that Rangers game is a joke since he played okay, and plenty of other key players sucked and made far more egregious plays. Plenty of blame pie to go around that game, but it falls on JDB for being the reason they sucked? I mean f***, what free agent signing by Captain Harvard has actually done a thing this year? Well, other than sucked at hockey, that is?”

I can’t argue with that. I thought he was better to start the year…and I agree there are plenty of passengers to yell at…but I also can understand if Cassidy saw the same ol’ Jake bad habits creeping in and was pissed.

I didn’t focus on his shifts, so I couldn’t say. I just wouldn’t be surprised if his motor burned off.

It’s all just so surprising, because he got here being a motor guy…but that definitely has become an issue. Maybe his one contract was good enough?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Fine, then DeBrusk can sit in the press box until Sweeney can make the best possible deal. If that means until this season is over, so be it. Somehow I don't think that will go down well with DeBrusk or his agent. Too f***ing bad.

Like @Alicat said, leaking this was a dick move by DeBrusk's agent. He and his client should suffer consequences for it.

First you had this

then you had someone asking Jake's agent if he requested a trade.

We positive it was Jake's camp that leaked it? I would assume so since it hurts his value, but maybe the Bruins weren't getting any bites before this anyways? It's not like the Bruins would ever make a player look bad headed out the door I know....

remer

Oct 18, 2005
People saying trade DeBrusk for Kassien, or LeBlanc, just shows how bad some people value talent.
Jake should bring back a good player if Sweeney does his job.
Bruins could add a few extra players in a trade.
Kuhlman, Haula, Smith...etc

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
@LSCII
“Getting benched this year fors shit that happened last year is total bullshit and f*** Cassidy if he's too much of a coward to call out Pasta, Smith, Coyle, and Hall, so he uses JDB as an example instead. Jake sucked last year, but he's been one of the better forwards with his consistency in play game to game comparatively. His getting benched after that Rangers game is a joke since he played okay, and plenty of other key players sucked and made far more egregious plays. Plenty of blame pie to go around that game, but it falls on JDB for being the reason they sucked? I mean f***, what free agent signing by Captain Harvard has actually done a thing this year? Well, other than sucked at hockey, that is?”

I can’t argue with that that. I thought he was better to start the year…and I agree there are plenty of passengers to yell at…but I also can understand if Cassidy saw

He got benched once before he asked for a trade and he was playing like ass before that. Has anyone really been that impressed with him this year? And let’s remember it was Jake that asked for a trade here, despite only missing one game all year.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
First you had this

then you had someone asking Jake's agent if he requested a trade.

We positive it was Jake's camp that leaked it? I would assume so since it hurts his value, but maybe the Bruins weren't getting any bites before this anyways? It's not like the Bruins would ever make a player look bad headed out the door I know....

Maybe that's the rub? I know they took pot shots at Seguin for no reason whatsoever (all of which turned out to be false) and it was doubly so for Dougie Hamilton.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
People saying trade DeBrusk for Kassien, or LeBlanc, just shows how bad some people value talent.
Jake should bring back a good player if Sweeney does his job.
Bruins could add a few extra players in a trade.
Kuhlman, Haula, Smith...etc
Lebanc is just as good as DeBrusk if not better imo. I agree with Kassian I don’t think that would be a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad