Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk IV: The debate rages forth

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Jake's been the best player on that third line. I'm waiting for more from Haula. If we were able to obtain a higher end 2RW, and move smith down, a DeBrusk-Haula-Smith line could be very effective.

Whatever we do, please just keep Jake on the left wing all season.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Jake is playing good hockey right now. Winning board battles, breaking up defensive plays, hustling… I’m so enjoying watching him. Keep it up Jake!

For much of his career, DeBrusk has been good when he's scoring, but not offering much of anything when he's not. His performance and confidence were largely tied to his production. Last couple of games especially, and most of this season so far, that hasn't been the case. Yes he's potted a couple, which is always nice, but he's also just been contributing a lot in general play whether he's hitting the scoreboard or not. All the stuff you spoke about - puck battles, hustle, fighting hard along the boards, finishing his checks, blocking shots - Jake's been doing well. That's really pleasing to see and I hope he can keep it up. Still improvement left I think, but this version of DeBrusk is already a very useful player, and hopefully a more consistent one.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Jake's been the best player on that third line. I'm waiting for more from Haula. If we were able to obtain a higher end 2RW, and move smith down, a DeBrusk-Haula-Smith line could be very effective.

I want to see Foligno on the third for more games before I start wanting to trade for another winger, but I agree Smith is probably better suited for the third line.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Thinking more about it, even without a trade, I think that third line could work. Could put Pasta with Hall on the 2nd, cause that combo could be deadly, then Foligno with Marchy and Bergy, he could bring a similar dynamic to Recchi back in the day.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He was fantastic last night. Consistent energy, crashing the net, blocking shots and making contact with guys especially along the boards.

Keep it up kid because this is the Jake we all know and loved from a few seasons ago.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
For much of his career, DeBrusk has been good when he's scoring, but not offering much of anything when he's not. His performance and confidence were largely tied to his production. Last couple of games especially, and most of this season so far, that hasn't been the case. Yes he's potted a couple, which is always nice, but he's also just been contributing a lot in general play whether he's hitting the scoreboard or not. All the stuff you spoke about - puck battles, hustle, fighting hard along the boards, finishing his checks, blocking shots - Jake's been doing well. That's really pleasing to see and I hope he can keep it up. Still improvement left I think, but this version of DeBrusk is already a very useful player, and hopefully a more consistent one.
If he can keep this new, revamped game up then I will be very happy and would keep him in Boston.

The willingness to change his game and adapt is exactly what it takes to be a Bruin.

Like I said, play like this and also stay accountable and I will give him the credit he deserves.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
He is the only one in the bottom six that looks like they even have the possiblity of making a play. Foligno being out and Haula's inability to make any offensive play right now it killing any chance of his production matching the work he is putting in right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad