Jake and Jared make the team!

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I love how Hutton is congratulating them on making the team because its not even close to a question if hes on the team or not :laugh:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I had a little disagreement with my Dad today about wether or not they should go to the Jr's.

Of course it will have to depend on many things... injuries, how many minutes they're contributing at the time, where we are in the standings, how possible replacements deserve a call up fom the farm based on performance (Shink, Jensen ect...)

My stance is if you can get them there with as little risk possible of hurting the team you do it. Papa Punch Clock says they're in the NHL now, keep 'em there.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I had a little disagreement with my Dad today about wether or not they should go to the Jr's.

Of course it will have to depend on many things... injuries, how many minutes they're contributing at the time, where we are in the standings, how possible replacements deserve a call up fom the farm based on performance (Shink, Jensen ect...)

My stance is if you can get them there with as little risk possible of hurting the team you do it. Papa Punch Clock says they're in the NHL now, keep 'em there.

If they're getting 5-10 minutes of ice-time per game then send 'em to the WJC. If they're going to actually be played then keep 'em up here.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
They've proven they can play in the NHL. There's no reason to send them down, they don't look out of place. Let them develop, they're both bringing something to the table.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

That must have been rough. Still though, if you're going to give them heat nonetheless you may as well do so right before you tell them they're on the team. Temper the bad with the good. :laugh:

Bolded is the problem. We've seen plenty of examples of guys who showed talent in junior being rushed to the NHL and told to repeatedly just make the safe play to get by, and have their skill development completely stall.

For a guy whose skill development at lower levels was already a major question mark, this is a huge concern for me.

Hodgson's issues had nothing to do with staying too long in junior. His injury and his entitled attitude were the problem. If he didn't think he had to learn defense at age 21, why would he have thought that at 19?

Yeah, I don't think Virtanen looks ready either and potentially playing on the 4th line for 10 mins a night doesn't sound like a great situation for him to keep developing his offensive IQ. I'd be a little less concerned if they gave him opportunities on the PP but with WD it seems like it takes a long time to earn your way up there if you're a young guy.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Lmao they probably wanted to include Hutton but couldn't find any negative clips.

can probably find lots of mistakes with Hutton but that comes with the territory of being a NHL dmen

certainly would be dumb to include those considering how steady he is compared to our real anchors

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
9 and 40 game things don't apply to Hutton which is another reason you wouldn't do the same thing. Besides the whole it's obvious thing.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Virtanen is the most exciting player on the team, I can't believe some of the old fuddy duddies wanted him back in Juniors... Guy has me watching every shift!

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Virtanen literally hasn't proven he can score goals as a pro hockey player yet. Zero in 19 games so far. Virtanen, to me, is a bust at 6th OA, but Mccann is a solid pick. Sending them back isn't going to make much difference.

As a bored and depressed fan of the team it's something different, at least.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This was another thing me and my Dad were discussing.... what is the 40 game thing?

More than 9 games you burn a year off their entry level deal.

40 games and the team loses a year of free agency control. I.e. They become unrestricted a year earlier.

At least that is what I believe.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Virtanen literally hasn't proven he can score goals as a pro hockey player yet. Zero in 19 games so far. Virtanen, to me, is a bust at 6th OA, but Mccann is a solid pick. Sending them back isn't going to make much difference.

And through 55 pro games joe Thornton had 7 points.

19 games is literally nothing especially with the ice time and opportunities in offensive situations he's had.

Edit: can't score goals in the NHL indeed.

Last edited:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Virtanen literally hasn't proven he can score goals as a pro hockey player yet.Zero One in 19 games so far. Virtanen, to me, is a bust at 6th OA, but Mccann is a solid pick. Sending them back isn't going to make much difference.

explosion%2Bcsi.gif

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Huh, looks like Jake may just be finding his NHL game tonight. Looked much more aggressive with the puck, like he was done making the 'safe' plays and trusting his speed, power, and shot like he did in his draft year. Obviously he won't play that way every night but man, that was an exciting glimpse into what he can bring at this level. Beastly performance tonight. Let's see more of that in the months to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad