TSN: Jagr willing to wait for right NHL offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Honestly was thinking this. Let Necas get his games in and go back home for the rest of the season, bring in Jagr to fill the Stempniak role if he's still hurt.

Yeah, not to mention he should fit perfectly alongside the Skinner-Ryan duo. Brings size and that crazy good puck control along the boards making more room for the other two. And he gets the role he wants, 3rd line on a good team. Reminds of the Huby-Barkov-Jagr line in a way, yeah they don't have Barkov's elite 2-way game down the middle, but they're also the 3rd line and not the 1st line.

I mean, i think he'd even be better than Stempniak, making Lee the xtra forward even when healthy, which is what you want to see from a good team. Good replacement when injuries happen.

Aho-Staal-Lindholm
TT-Rask-Williams
Skinner-Ryan-Jagr
McGinn-Kruger-Nordstrom

Pretty much as good as it gets without a superstar. Pass on throwing multiple good assets at Duchene and see how far you can go, then make further evaluations in the summer what the team needs to be better in the playoffs.

Last time Jagr played on the 3rd line in the playoffs, his team made it to the SCF.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yotes should throw out the kitchen sink for him, he could red pill 2/3 of their offensive lineup on what it takes to be a star in the NHL. Imagine Domi/Keller/Perlini/Duclair/Dvorak/Strome/Rieder/Crouse/Martinook/Fischer ALL sitting around a campfire with professor Jagr reading them a lecture.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr is funny, but he should quit playing around, I do not think the GMs are impressed by the jokes he is making to be honest.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd love to see Jagr turn Hertl into a star.

Labanc - Thornton - Pavelski
Boedker - Couture - Donskoi
Meier - Hertl - Jagr
Karlsson - Tierney - Hansen

Please.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Jagr is funny, but he should quit playing around, I do not think the GMs are impressed by the jokes he is making to be honest.

I don't think they care much about what he's posting or tweeting or whatever it is that he's doing. He hasn't come out and said anything about any team, (no tampering) he already didn't play Saturday, and so he's not doing anything to jeopardize his potential NHL contract.

What's wrong with a player having a little fun? In a time where everyone is busy trying to be politically correct, and speak in cliches, it's refreshing to see a player with some personality.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

This is why hockey players have no personalities because when they do show a sense of humor they get knocked or shamed for it. Noting he has done was wrong, or has made teams lose interest in him and if so, that's pretty ridiculous.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
They definitely could use his services on the right side.

Absolutely. Flames desperately need another RW. Especially when none of the rw prospects really grabbed a spot yet(Was hoping for Foo etc). Jagr gives Bennett another solid line mate and bumps Brouwer down to the 4th line. Another powerplay weapon as well.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Absolutely. Flames desperately need another RW. Especially when none of the rw prospects really grabbed a spot yet(Was hoping for Foo etc). Jagr gives Bennett another solid line mate and bumps Brouwer down to the 4th line. Another powerplay weapon as well.

IMO Jagr is better than the Flames' entire RW depth chart, save Frolik.

Ferland? Brouwer? Lazar? Eep.

Jagr could really round out their top-nine, as you said.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
The Flames really do make the most sense. The team is going to be one of the top teams in the West. It will give Calgary perhaps the deepest group of forwards and defenders in the West and every opportunity to be a contending team. I am hoping it works out that way.

The Flames forwards lines would likely shake out

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Stajan/Lazar-Jankowski-Brouwer

Not much to complain about there.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
John Shannon said Flames checked in with Frolik on Jagr.

What the hell could they possibly need to know? It's Jagr. It's kind of what you see is what you get at this point. :confused:

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Jagr is kind of a clown to be honest, he is washed up but can still play a bit like former stars who stayed around too long recently like Chelios and Messier.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Jagr is kind of a clown to be honest, he is washed up but can still play a bit like former stars who stayed around too long recently like Chelios and Messier.

Jagr put up just shy of 50pts last year. I'd hardly relate that to staying around too long.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Especially with a few teams that have a hole at RW. Jagr is perfect fit for Calgary. Not to mention it wouldn't hurt the youth of Calgary to see just the massive amount of work to keep up and hope that rubs off on them.

Aug 3, 2010
He's washed up. flames are desperate for offense. Why not try to get him.
We get it. You're a fan of a divisional rival. But try to think like an adult and realise nobody cares for homer glasses because this isn't your local watering hole filled with Oiler fans. Not to mention you'd be (hilariously) hypocritical if he signed with Edmonton, which may still be a possibility.

Jagr is an all-time great and can legitimately bolster over half the NHL's forward corps for a reasonable price (~3-4m) and score 40-50pts reliably, beyond the expected production of most other players.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I know this is 3 years later, but in his last season with the Devils, everyone thought Jagr was done, was slowing down, had started to regress only to score 27 goals and 66 Pts in 79 games (pace of 70 Pts) in his first full season with the Panthers. What's to say he doesn't do it again, and ave another bounce back season? He was 7th in Hart voting that season BTW and at age 44 became the oldest player to lead his team in scoring. This is also after having a 67 Pts season in his first full season with the Devils.

I honestly don't see Jagr "just" being a 3rd line winger, even at this stage of his career. He could very well just be a 40-50 Pts player, but if you actually look at his numbers since returning from the KHL (ages 39 to 45), he's actually been a 25 goals, 60-65 Pts pace guy. Something tells me he has one last very good, 20-30 goals and 60-70 Pts season left in him. This is Jagr we're talking about after all. He has a ot of pride, and I don't see him just sticking around and being content with being a 12 minutes a night type of guy. This is the same reason why he won't take a minimum contract or a PTO contract.

I feel he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder this season, and yes even on team with Gaudreau, Jagr could very well lead his team in scoring again. Never count him out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Would like exceptional on Sam Bennett’s wing. He’ll get a lot of offensive zone starts, time on the PP and some good matchups. It’s an amazing fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad