TSN: Jagr willing to wait for right NHL offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Kind of weird if this CGY rumor is true. They have been speculated all summer as his landing point. I wonder what took them this long to pull the trigger?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Kind of weird if this CGY rumor is true. They have been speculated all summer as his landing point. I wonder what took them this long to pull the trigger?
Not knowing which guys would make the team.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I would be very happy with this. He fits on every possible line:
Gaudreau and Monahan as Hudler on steroids
Tkachuk and Backlund as a heavy possession line
Bennett and Versteeg as a deadly scoring line with a center he personally witnessed scoring 4 goals in a game
Jankowski as a softer minutes heavy possession line. Last winger would have to keep up though.

Hope this rumour is accurate.

Poirier needs time to get his game back to where it can be, and Foo, as I expected, just isn't ready for the NHL. Brouwer did not make enough offseason progress and still does not look like he belongs when Bennett and Versteeg are out there. We needed training camp to confirm these facts. They gave these guys a legitimate chance and now it's clear Jagr is still a better option to take Sam Bennett's game to an elite level

Reactions: The Hendog

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I also think Jagr wasn't/isn't in a huge hurry. He wants to make sure that it's the absolute best situation for him, as this might (finally) be his last hurrah. I bet he didn't want to sign with the first team to offer him a deal, only for a better situation to open up later due to injuries or whatever. I don't think Jagr minds at all to start the season late or miss training camp.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
At his age one would think he would be done. But there is just something to Jagr that you just can't count him out until he has shown he can't play anymore. He doesn't have speed anymore, but those hands and that strength is still there. I think on many teams he still helps on the 1stPP unit, at worst he would help the 2nd.

I personally want him to come back for another season...and if he is still playing well for one more after.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Lmao, Jags played 1 game in the German League back in 1994-95, for the Schalker Sharks, scoring 1 goal and 10 assists. I don't recall hearing that before, but my memory is like Swiss cheese these days.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Most likely Jagr was waiting to see if a better fit sustained a long term injury in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad