Jagr probably OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Oh really? There are 50 hits a game where the players face gets crushed into the boards leaving the player bloodied on the ice? Wow, I can't believe ive missed it...the ice would be almost all red by the time the game was over.

Pay attention, I was talking about hits where the victim hits the boards violently. I.e. your average hockey hit.

Dogbert said:
Jarkko Ruutu is one of the biggest chickenshits the NHL has ever seen. One day, someone is going to take him out permanently, and I will become that player's biggest fan.

Heh, you Flames fans have been saying that for years. Ruutu has more balls than 90% of Flames players in the last 5 years.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Flonaldo said:
I didn't know there was a new penalty in the rules, "blood on the ice" is it?

Nope, the blood usually just results from violent hits into the boards.

Pepper said:
Pay attention, I was talking about hits where the victim hits the boards violently. I.e. your average hockey hit.

Players don't hit the boards violently very often at all. I dont know what you watch.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Players don't hit the boards violently very often at all. I dont know what you watch.

Like I said, you haven't been paying attention.

Players who are at the boards and get hit usually hit the boards. Your average hockey hit. Many of them are violent. They don't get called for boarding though now do they?

Dogbert*

Pepper said:
Heh, you Flames fans have been saying that for years. Ruutu has more balls than 90% of Flames players in the last 5 years.

Jarkko Ruutu has nothing even remotely resembling balls. He is one of the biggest cowards in the history - not just the present, but the HISTORY - of the NHL. He is a black eye on the sport, and I cannot wait until some big guy gets sick of him and takes him out for good.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Finnish reporter asked from Jarkko about this incident.

Reporter: "You're thoughts about the hit"

Jarkko: "It's sad when guy get's hurt, but I came here to win not make friends"

:teach:

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Dogbert said:
Jarkko Ruutu has nothing even remotely resembling balls. He is one of the biggest cowards in the history - not just the present, but the HISTORY - of the NHL. He is a black eye on the sport, and I cannot wait until some big guy gets sick of him and takes him out for good.

Sounds like "Ritchie got leveled and beaten" and "Phaneuf tripped on his own stick" :)

I was just watching one vid.

"And look at this Finn throwing right hands on Ritchie".

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Dogbert said:

Well considering that he has been doing the same for years, don't really see that happening.

And like I said, Ruutu has more balls than most Flames.

Btw, considering you're cheering for a team with Bryan Marchment I wouldn't talk anything about cowardice or black eyes.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Dogbert said:

Jarkko Ruutu fought Peter Worrell and won.

Dogbert*

Pepper said:
And like I said, Ruutu has more balls than most Flames.

That is simply a stupid, stupid statement. I can't think of anyone in the LEAGUE with less balls than Ruutu, never mind on the Flames.

Pepper said:
Btw, considering you're cheering for a team with Bryan Marchment I wouldn't talk anything about cowardice or black eyes.

Say what you want about Marchment: the fact is that he faces the music when he gets himself in over his head. Ruutu turtles like the chickenshit he is.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Dogbert said:
That is simply a stupid, stupid statement. I can't think of anyone in the LEAGUE with less balls than Ruutu, never mind on the Flames.

He is a pest, but he also has to fight because of it. And that he has done, so he has the balls to back up his actions. You can dislike him all you want, but he stands up for his actions and that does not suggest he doesnt have balls.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Dogbert said:
Jarkko Ruutu is one of the biggest chickenshits the NHL has ever seen. One day, someone is going to take him out permanently, and I will become that player's biggest fan.

What are you talking about, so you'd want him dead for that? that's kinda rough for one hit, that didnt even do anything but a scratch.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Dogbert said:

In that case you should leave thinking to others. Seriously.

Dogbert said:
Say what you want about Marchment: the fact is that he faces the music when he gets himself in over his head. Ruutu turtles like the chickenshit he is.

Like Ruutu turtled Ritchie? Or Rob Blake? Or Craig Rivet? Or Scott Hannan? Or Mike Grier?

Wake up dude, that kind of blind fanatical ignorance probably earns you friends at Calgarypuck.com but over here you need to do better than that.

Laperriere22*

Ruutu is trash. He's in the same class of player as Avery, Maltby, Nieminen, or Claude Lemieux. Ditto Marchment. The occasional fight to back up being trash does not change what his game is, just like it doesn't change what Avery is or Lemieux was. He has no respect for the game or other players; it's clear by how he plays the game. I don't care much for Jagr, but the hit was borderline and when it's Ruutu doing it, intent isn't nearly as hard to deduce (contrary to what some are saying). You can be a big hitter or fighter without taking borderline cheapshots to injure players. Ruutu apparently has to live on that edge to keep a job; so, he has to take the criticism coming his way. He's a no class player. It's really not a hard concept to understand; really it's not.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Btw, Jagr had a new helmet today. I guess he learned a valuable lesson yesterday.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Pepper said:
Boarding isn't your average hockey hit. Hence, the penalty.

Look, just because you can't tell the difference between a boarding penalty and a hard tackle (let alone refusing to understand how the boarding penalty works), it doesn't mean that no one else can.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Chimp said:
Boarding isn't your average hockey hit. Hence, the penalty.

Look, just because you can't tell the difference between a boarding penalty and a hard tackle (let alone refusing to understand how the boarding penalty works), it doesn't mean that no one else can.

In order to call boarding you have to be off the boards, Jagr was very near the boards.

I suggest you watch some more hockey.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Laperriere22 said:
Ruutu apparently has to live on that edge to keep a job; so, he has to take the criticism coming his way. He's a no class player. It's really not a hard concept to understand; really it's not.

Yeah I agree he is not a classy player. But should all classless players get penalties because of their reputation, or should the rules be same for everyone? I mean...Ruutu should be able to throw a hit like that and not get a penalty. If Simon Gagne did it, it would not have been a penalty.

And that is wrong.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pepper said:
Like I said, you haven't been paying attention.

Players who are at the boards and get hit usually hit the boards. Your average hockey hit. Many of them are violent. They don't get called for boarding though now do they?

Again, you have no idea what your talking about. Give it up.

Pepper said:
In order to call boarding you have to be off the boards, Jagr was very near the boards.

And Again you have zero idea what your talking about and are now giving false information. Good work.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Pepper said:

:biglaugh: You are simply incredible. Simply incredible. I'm still waiting for any proof whatsoever for what you claim is true. I have piled up proof against your BELIEF, you have given nothing back but your personal mantra.

Just because you have watched X hockey games, it doesn't mean that you now squat about the details of the rules.

We are not talking about religion here. It is perfectly possible for you to find facts.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Chimp said:
:biglaugh: You are simply incredible. Simply incredible. I'm still waiting for any proof whatsoever for what you claim is true. I have piled up proof against your BELIEF, you have given nothing back but your personal mantra.

Just because you have watched X hockey games, it doesn't mean that you now squat about the details of the rules.

We are not talking about religion here. It is perfectly possible for you to find facts.

Have you played hockey yourself? And I mean organized hockey.

You don't get called for boarding if the target is next to the boards, you get called if he's off the boards.

Anyone who has played hockey knows this.

The head coach of Finland said the hit was clean after reviewing the video several times with the other coaching staff. And Westerlund usually calls out his players if they take stupid penalties so it's not like was 'protecting' him, the statement was made after it was clear that Ruutu wasn't facing any suspensions.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Pepper, do you actually read what I write, or do you have a selective brain that only reads what it wants to read?

Instead of grabbing on to the subject, you constantly avoid the actual point, tries to start side debates involving the meaning of words (seen by others as well), tries to switch subject, etc, etc.

These are typhical signs of someone losing a debate.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Pepper said:
Have you played hockey yourself? And I mean organized hockey.

You don't get called for boarding if the target is next to the boards, you get called if he's off the boards.

Anyone who has played hockey knows this.

The head coach of Finland said the hit was clean after reviewing the video several times with the other coaching staff. And Westerlund usually calls out his players if they take stupid penalties so it's not like was 'protecting' him, the statement was made after it was clear that Ruutu wasn't facing any suspensions.
Just because you have played hockey doesn't necessarily mean that you know the specific detail of every rule. There has been numerous times where players in all sports have been furious on the ref for making a call, which the players didn't know was right.

Read the rules, or even better, ask an hockey ref with authority (experience and proven to work on a high level) and see what answer you will get.

As I've said, what the coach of one of the involved teams says is irrelevant. He is highly subjective of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad