jagr boarding pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Jay Fresh said:
Oh man, so rough. :shakehead

Why is J. Ruutu even on the national team? That's like putting Avery on Team Canada, or Varada on Team Czech, etc.

or Steve Downie on Team Canada ;)

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I've seen the video in HDTV. It wasn't dirty and it wasn't charging.
Unfortunate, but not illegal.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
ranold26 said:
IMO it was a real dirty hit.

But a legal one.
Begin does alot of hit that are as dirty but are legal too.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Phanuthier said:
Great, I hope your kids remember that if and when they have the chance to play Jarko Ruutu, and Ruutu tries to turn them into a vegtable.

Chill out. Hockey is a physical game.
Ruutu plays physical.
If you think it's because he tries to
turn someone into a vegetable, you
can always watch softball.

Have a veggieburger and a coke.
It helps.

Last edited:

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
psycho_dad said:
What part of the hit was dirty?

Not charging, he slided into it. Not boarding, Jagr was almost glued to the board. The hit was shoulder to shoulder.

Yeah, I know it was this bum Ruutu hitting this superstar Jagr and there was blood and everything. But how in gods name was that a dirty hit?? What rule of hockey did it break? The one saying a crap player cant hit a star?

Sorry to say but if you think that hit was shoulder to shoulder than you need to get your eyes checked. Jagr's shoulders were well below the boards when the hit was made. the only way that could have been "shoulder to shoulder" contact is if Ruutu is shorter than 4 feet tall. :shakehead

It was more like elbow/waist to armpit contact. Also he obviously made no attempt to slow up on the play when Jagr's head was clearly by the boards.

Phanuthier*

Caz said:
Chill out. Hockey is a physical game.
Ruutu plays physical.
If you yhink it's because he tries to
turn someone into a vegetable, you
can always watch softball.
Oh, I'm not mad. Why would I be? I'm not Czech, I'm not a Rangers fan and I'm not a Jagr fan.

Scott Stevens plays physical. Brendan Shanahan plays physical. Jarkko Ruutu plays to injure people.

Yeah, I guess I should watch softball because I don't like to see cheap shots.

chthonic

Dec 10, 2005
Not charging, he slided into it. Not boarding, Jagr was almost glued to the board. The hit was shoulder to shoulder.
i saw the same thing. and its not ruutu's fault jagr ducked.

ps scott stevens didnt try to injure eric lindros?!??

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Phanuthier said:
Scott Stevens plays physical. Brendan Shanahan plays physical. Jarkko Ruutu plays to injure people.

I'm a Finn, but I don't want to injure people in sports.
However, I do deliver a clean kiss too always when I
have a chance to do it.

Please come up with some proof for these accusations
about Ruutu's intensions or stop whining. There seems
to be a lot of people with psychic gifts around tonight.
Must be full moon somewhere.

Phanuthier*

Connecticut said:
Aren't you the one who said that you hope Ruutu gets "Bertuzzied" in this very thread?
Yup.

If that's what it takes to get these disgraceful players out of the game, so be it. Lord knows the NHL never has the balls to do anything about it. I'd rather see cheap shot artists get taken out of the game then to see them take others out of the game.

I'm also the same one that said Steve Moore had it coming to him. Same reason.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Phanuthier said:
It's not the first time Ruutu has seem the oppertunity to injure someone, and does it.

Could you give me a few specific examples? Ruutu acts like a dick on the ice but I wouldn't say he has a history of attempting to injure people, any more so than most other hard-hitting players.

I find it funny that you would mention Stevens as a favourable comparison, you could make a much stronger case for him being someone who tried to injure people. Ruutu is just a much bigger jerk on the ice.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
One of the lowest pro hockey players on the planet up to his old tricks. You couldn't feel sorry for the guy if someone ended his career with a cheap shot.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Spongebob said:
Sorry to say but if you think that hit was shoulder to shoulder than you need to get your eyes checked. Jagr's shoulders were well below the boards when the hit was made. the only way that could have been "shoulder to shoulder" contact is if Ruutu is shorter than 4 feet tall. :shakehead

It was more like elbow/waist to armpit contact. Also he obviously made no attempt to slow up on the play when Jagr's head was clearly by the boards.

Watch the video, it would have been shoulder-to-shoulder until about half a second before Ruutu hit him, Jagr leaned forward. That's not Ruutu's fault. There's now way he could have held up. At worst it's charging, and I don't see how anyone can say there was a clear intent to injure.

Phanuthier*

Caz said:
I'm a Finn, but I don't want to injure people in sports.
However, I do deliver a clean kiss too always when I
have a chance to do it.

Please come up with some proof for these accusations
about Ruutu's intensions or stop whining. There seems
to be a lot of people with psychic gifts around tonight.
Must be full moon somewhere.
If you see a player along the boards, and you have the oppertunity to hit someone? Fair enough. No problems with a clean hit. If you see someone vulnerable and think you can injure him, you're gonna do it? That's how I see Jarkko Ruutu.

Proof? Sure doesn't seem remorsful to me. He sees Jagr injured on the ice and what does he do? Grin. I've seen him do that quite a few times.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
ranold26 said:

You can watch it on any TV, it was a cheap shot. Jagr was engaged along the boards with another player and the Ruutu flies in like a bat out of hell to drill him. It was a cheap shot because it was a hit that didn't have to be made. If anything, he should've gone in tried to tie him up along the boards and help win the battle for the puck...not propel at him like a missile.

Phanuthier*

colonel_korn said:
Could you give me a few specific examples? Ruutu acts like a dick on the ice but I wouldn't say he has a history of attempting to injure people, any more so than most other hard-hitting players.
Yes. Two of them vs the Flames.

One was when he saw Byron Ritchie with his head down along the boards nad delivers a forarm shiver to Ritchie's head. Result: Concussion. Similar hit to Jagr's.

Two: Chris Clark last season. I have a picture of it. When he's down on the ice, Clark along the boards, Ruutu puts Clark into a leg lock, trying to break his leg.

Zaddik

Connecticut said:
Aren't you the one who said that you hope Ruutu gets "Bertuzzied" in this very thread?

word catches on quickly doesn't it.

Phaneuthier said:
One was when he saw Byron Ritchie with his head down along the boards nad delivers a forarm shiver to Ritchie's head. Result: Concussion. Similar hit to Jagr's.

that was legal. a good hit, one to remember for the ages. thanks for reminding me of that one.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Phanuthier said:

Two: Chris Clark last season. I have a picture of it. When he's down on the ice, Clark along the boards, Ruutu puts Clark into a leg lock, trying to break his leg.

You can't be serious. Forearm shiver to Ritchie's head? That was a perfectly clean hit, and as far as I remember most Calgary fans agreed at the time. Again, it was no different then the hits Stevens used to dish out, which you apparently have no problem with.

Trying to break Clark's leg? Again, is this a joke? I know what incident you're talking about and if you seriously think he grabbed Clark's leg and attempted to do a leg lock on him and break it on national TV then I don't know what to say.

This makes about as much sense as me saying that Robyn Regehr has made a career out of trying to injure people because I saw him run Fedetenko's head into the dasher that one time. For a guy who's made a career out of trying to injure people, Ruutu sure has had remarkably few suspensions - none as far as I know.

Again, I know the guy is a dick on the ice - he yaps constantly, instigates fights and then back down from them, dives - but saying he has a history of trying to injure people isn't true.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Phanuthier said:

Yeah and similar to Jagr hit, that one was also clean. After the game they interviewed Iginla who said it was a clean hit.

Thing is...you can hate Ruutu ( Hell, I dont like him either) but at least give him the courtesy of judging him by Ice hockey rules. He plays the game, so the rules apply to him. Today he was playing within the rules.....never mind that a superstar got ran over. Ruutu did NOTHING WRONG according to hockey rulebook. Stop wasting your time thinking about WHO got hurt and watch the video. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that hit, at least according to the rulebook. Unfortunately the ref was as Pejorative Slur as some fans are...all he needed was blood to call that penalty.

Phanuthier*

colonel_korn said:
You can't be serious. Forearm shiver to Ritchie's head? That was a perfectly clean hit, and as far as I remember most Calgary fans agreed at the time. Again, it was no different then the hits Stevens used to dish out, which you apparently have no problem with.
It was a clean hit. It was a clean hit like Steve Moore's hit on Markus Naslund. "Clean" by NHL definition, but you see a player in a vulnerable position (like Jagr) and you try and injure them. With a "clean hit." Look back on my posts, I'm one of the few - maybe only - ones that think Steve Moore got what was coming to him.

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if, with a "clean hit," Ruutu knocks a guy over, his skate goes flying and cuts Ruutu's face completely wide open.

I know its mascicistic, its sounds repulsive, but I have no respect for people who try to injure people - no matter how "clean" it is by definition.

Like I said, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad