Prospect Info: Jagger Firkus (Round 2 Pick #35 OVR - 2022 Draft)

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I went looking for this too but didn't see a home game against them...or really any teams from the east. Seems like that's how it's been since covid unfortunately because I like to schedule games in order to watch certain prospects too.

But twelve games against the t-birds, lol.

Western conference are playing eastern conference teams this up coming season. usually the eastern conference match ups are rotated some at home some away.

Silkytentacles

Mar 9, 2021
Oregon
Love this pick. Had him at 17 on my board. Kid is a gamer!

**EDIT** Just realized that some of the younger posters will come in here, read my post, and assume he likes video games.... With the way the world is changing, the English language is going to need some new vocabulary words.
Love a fellow firkus truther I had him abnormally high at 11. So far 13 points 6 goals 7 apples 11 games in. Very skilled with a special release on his shot

Reactions: Irie

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The kids are getting closer.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the AHL given his size and weight.
He just turned 19 two days back but I guess his age should not be a factor given he is in the WHL and should be ok to play in Coachella.

I think it will take him some time to adjust to the speed and physicality but I expect he will be fine. Should actually focus on conditioning and adding some muscle this off-season. Maybe the Kraken can help him there.

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
If 154 is correct, somebody get that 'stache on a Mexican/BBQ/milkshake diet, stat! He'd get destroyed by some of the Oleksiak's in the NHL. Hopefully he can gain some meaningful weight and stack on some muscle 'cause his numbers are very impressive. I want to see him in the big league doing the same thing!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If 154 is correct, somebody get that 'stache on a Mexican/BBQ/milkshake diet, stat! He'd get destroyed by some of the Oleksiak's in the NHL. Hopefully he can gain some meaningful weight and stack on some muscle 'cause his numbers are very impressive. I want to see him in the big league doing the same thing!
Yeah. Kid needs to pack some muscle on. And I think he will. Firkus just turned 19 last week and hopefully can use this off-season to do that.

Fingers crossed, maybe he ends up becoming our Gaudreau .. :D

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Firkus left off the Canada WJC squad.

“I see Jagger so much in the Western Hockey League,” Anholt, the general manager of Lethbridge of the WHL, said. “He’s such a good player. He’s such a competitor. [But] he didn’t play as well here in our camp.

“You know, for me, it was a bit of a surprise. I thought he would have brought more. It didn’t happen for him. That’s the way it goes.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad