Prospect Info: Jagger Firkus (Round 2 Pick #35 OVR - 2022 Draft)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The MVP of the CHL Top Prospects Game, Jagger Firkus had one goal and one assist in the 3-1 victory for Team White. Firkus also had a big season for the Moose Jaw Warriors. He put up 36 goals and 44 assists for 80 points in 66 regular-season games. Firkus also added six goals and six assists for 12 points in 10 playoff games. The Warriors defeated the Saskatoon Blades in five games in the first round of the WHL Playoffs. However, they would fall in the second round to the Winnipeg Ice, also in five games.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
This guy has an edge to his game. I really like this pick and thought he would go first round. he needs to get bigger and stronger but I see him as an Oshie type or , dare I suggest it,

Wright - Firkus = Bergeron - Marchand.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Love this pick. Had him at 17 on my board. Kid is a gamer!

**EDIT** Just realized that some of the younger posters will come in here, read my post, and assume he likes video games.... With the way the world is changing, the English language is going to need some new vocabulary words.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Love this pick. Had him at 17 on my board. Kid is a gamer!

**EDIT** Just realized that some of the younger posters will come in here, read my post, and assume he likes video games.... With the way the world is changing, the English language is going to need some new vocabulary words.

Yeah, I’m very excited about this pick.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This guy has an edge to his game. I really like this pick and thought he would go first round. he needs to get bigger and stronger but I see him as an Oshie type or , dare I suggest it,

Wright - Firkus = Bergeron - Marchand.
Probably closer to Marchand than Oshie. Hopefully without the personality issues. Keep in mind Marchand weighs 182, so while he's short he's actually pretty strong. This kid will need to stack on some serious muscle to get to that level, and might wind up being more like Shitty Kitty (DeBrincat).

I would have preferred a defenseman here (Casey?), because next year's draft looks thin on defensemen. But there's no denying this team needs some scoring too.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Probably closer to Marchand than Oshie. Hopefully without the personality issues. Keep in mind Marchand weighs 182, so while he's short he's actually pretty strong. This kid will need to stack on some serious muscle to get to that level, and might wind up being more like Shitty Kitty (DeBrincat).

I would have preferred a defenseman here (Casey?), because next year's draft looks thin on defensemen. But there's no denying this team needs some scoring too.
Warren would have been a good D pick but in the end I think Firkus will be the right choice. Firkus has the compete and the desire and I am confident he will add on the muscle and strength needed.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Warren would have been a good D pick but in the end I think Firkus will be the right choice. Firkus has the compete and the desire and I am confident he will add on the muscle and strength needed.
I don't hate the pick, I get the kid can score.

I might be looking too far ahead, but next year's draft is thin on defensemen and d-men take longer to develop. Forward prospect depth looks great, I'd like to see more D.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

I might be looking too far ahead, but next year's draft is thin on defensemen and d-men take longer to develop. Forward prospect depth looks great, I'd like to see more D.

There's one more year left until that happens and like every year there will be guys shooting up the draft charts because of a good season.

For example.
One year ago absolutely no one had Slafkovsky as a top five pick in this years draft and he ended up going #1.
Or a guy like Korchinski, who was basically a bubble first rounder and ended up being drafted at #7.

Firkus is a gifted offensive player with a lot of creativity and a good shot.
He'll need at least two years, IMO, given his slender built and the fact that he'll need to add at least about 20 pounds to his current weight of about 150lbs.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021

It's a VERY good draft next year though. Plenty of options.

Reactions: Sleestak Nation

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Oh hell yeah. Hadn’t thought of that. I need to make a point of seeing the Warriors games in Portland.
I went looking for this too but didn't see a home game against them...or really any teams from the east. Seems like that's how it's been since covid unfortunately because I like to schedule games in order to watch certain prospects too.

But twelve games against the t-birds, lol.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I went looking for this too but didn't see a home game against them...or really any teams from the east. Seems like that's how it's been since covid unfortunately because I like to schedule games in order to watch certain prospects too.

But twelve games against the t-birds, lol.

I never go to the T-Birds games in Portland since they started that dynamic pricing bullshit. Always seem to cost more for no good reason at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00